Update Regarding How The May 1 QFR Is "Playing" In The Congregations

by Justitia Themis 45 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

sir82:

They've probably never heard of the number of christians buried in the catacombs either!

From another angle, by cutting themselves off from Joe Ratherflawed's scheme, they've opened up a real Pandora's Box - how will they stop the number of the "anointed"™ at a 'respectable' number so that they're still well under the 144,000?

• NanaR
    NanaR

Thank you for this information. I haven't been brave enough to ask my sister about it, but she has backed down from demanding to know if I still "accept the organization" and is emailing me regularly about family things.

The "back down" on the 1935 annointed deadline coupled with the "generation" change seems to me to negate the entire argument for two classes as well as the idea that this "new light" (millions now living will never die -- NOT) came at the "proper time" since the 1935 folks were of the "generation" that would see the end (and they are rapidly becoming extinct).

It seems to me that, at least among the Witnesses who have been around long enough to remember the dogmatic proclamations of years past, there has to be at some point a realization that their house is built on sand -- and that it is about to fall down around their ears.

Ruth

• garybuss
    garybuss

The Watch Tower Society only has one product to sell . . . themselves. The Society doesn't have an exclusive on Jesus Christ, or Yahweh, or the Bible . . . they only have an exclusive on their claim to be the "channel", also known as, "The Spirit Directed Organization". This is the cornerstone, the concept that makes the wheel go round.

The Society spends their time and money on fixing problems and supporting their weaknesses. Their biggest weakness is their only product . . . their claim to divine guidance. The talks and articles hammer on "obey the Governing Body". The assemblies this summer have the theme "Follow The 'Christ'". Of course "The Christ" is reduced to the Governing Body. The real theme of assemblies is follow (obey) the Governing Body.

They want Witnesses to "obey" them, not follow them. If the Witnesses "followed" the Governing Body literally, everybody would be wearing IBM business suits sitting in New York city with servants and running a billion dollar business.

• bennyk
    bennyk

Ozziepost writes:

From another angle, by cutting themselves off from Joe Ratherflawed's scheme, they've opened up a real Pandora's Box - how will they stop the number of the "anointed"™ at a 'respectable' number so that they're still well under the 144,000?

I may well be wrong, but it seems that this QfR was almost unique among articles of the past four decades in not mentioning the number 144 000 in connection with the heavenly hope.

I think the WTS is interested in seeing the reaction to this article to determine whether or not they can feel free to "adjust" the teachings regarding the Anointed. Perhaps the number 144 000 may be tentatively suggested to be figurative, or they may wish to begin teaching that the 144 000 (as a literal number) were being gathered simultaneously with the Great Crowd (thereby countering the unspoken question many have regarding the length of time necessary for gathering the Bride Class). This latter option would be a partial return to the teachings of Russell.

• Doubting Bro
    Doubting Bro

I haven't heard anyone mention it. I really think its fairly big news yet it seems to have gone over everyone's head (at least here).

• ozziepost
    ozziepost
    The "back down" on the 1935 annointed deadline coupled with the "generation" change seems to me to negate the entire argument for two classes as well as the idea that this "new light" (millions now living will never die -- NOT) came at the "proper time" since the 1935 folks were of the "generation" that would see the end (and they are rapidly becoming extinct).

Just what I was thinking.

• bebu
    bebu
    The Watch Tower Society only has one product to sell . . . themselves. The Society doesn't have an exclusive on Jesus Christ, or Yahweh, or the Bible . . . they only have an exclusive on their claim to be the "channel", also known as, "The Spirit Directed Organization". This is the cornerstone, the concept that makes the wheel go round.

The Society spends their time and money on fixing problems and supporting their weaknesses. Their biggest weakness is their only product . . . their claim to divine guidance. The talks and articles hammer on "obey the Governing Body". The assemblies this summer have the theme "Follow The 'Christ'". Of course "The Christ" is reduced to the Governing Body. The real theme of assemblies is follow (obey) the Governing Body.

They want Witnesses to "obey" them, not follow them. If the Witnesses "followed" the Governing Body literally, everybody would be wearing IBM business suits sitting in New York city with servants and running a billion dollar business.

Wow. You tell'em, Gary.

I am going to look up the QFR --hopefully it's here on the board--and see exactly what was written there. Of course, if anyone wants to add a scan...

bebu

• garybuss
  • bebu
    bebu

Thanks Gary. Hard to believe I missed such a good thread.

bebu

• zack
    zack

The GB contradict their own doctrine, maybe because they do not understand what they are teaching.

In 1995, not only did the "generations" teaching change, but also the "seperating of sheep from the goats" and the timing of Christ sitting on his throne.

The Bible says that it is at that time, when Christ sits on the thrown, that the chosen ones are gathered. Yet the GB teach that the gathering is "ongoing." Revelation

identifies they great crowd as those that "come out of the great tribulation" which is an event, by their reckoning, to be yet future. So, since the ANGELS gather the chosen ones,

and the great crowd are yet a future group, in what group are witnesses today? They are literally in LIMBO by their own teachings.

I talked to an elder friend of mine the other day about my skipping meetings as of late (it has become quite obvious). I told him that I would go back to the meetings

if he could gaurantee that the doctrines would keep from changing. He couldn't. I haven't.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit