I'm back..JW's at my door left stunned and in tears

by toladest 31 Replies latest jw friends

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Hi Toladest,

I don't recognize your pseudonym, but I absolutely recognize the story of Daniel Fitzwater.

How absurd that he was disfellowshipped for smoking!

I hope he's suffering in prison and wishes, like I do, that he was dead.

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

Thank you for sharing this. I remember your screen name, but dont remember too much about you. You did an excellent job, I hope it sinks in wth those JW women.

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

Hi toladest, and thankyou for sharing your story

Good for you for sharing it with those jws as well, I hope it makes them think.

• south african beef
    south african beef

Hi Toladest.

A very heart wrenching story, well told. My thoughts go out to you.

When you mentioned that your mother would never question the religion despite all the evidence, I just want you to know that I have a mum and dad who are just like that too.

Whatever faults and lies that could be proved against the WTBS they would rationalize and believe it is all from satan and that the end must indeed be close now.

This is the same mum and dad who in 1972 said when taking me to my new school that 'this will be your school 'til amargeddon'. I didn't try hard at school thinking what's the pont as the end is coming soon . . . how I wished now that I had applied myself fully.

Regards

SAB

• Alwayshere
    Alwayshere
    i TOLD THEM HOW EVEN WHEN HE WENT TO PRISON FOR IT HE REMAINED A JW IN GOOD STANDING

THAT IS WHAT HAPPENED IN THE CONGRAGATION I WENT TO. A BROTHER ADMITTED HE WAS GUILTY OF CHILD ABUSE AND WAS SENT TO PRISON FOR 10 YEARS BUT REMAINED A JW IN GOOD STANDING.

• toladest
    toladest

Nathan, I remember you. Unfortunately Daniel Fitzwater was released from prison. He was Disfellowshipped a couple months later. He probably picked the smoking back up in there. He smoked at times as a JW as well and threatened his son that if he told he would let people know his son wet the bed. You can see a picture of him on the Nevada Sex offenders website, although I have heard that he may actually reside in Minnestota.

Laurie

• choosing life
    choosing life

I wasn't here when you posted before, but I really apprciate you telling your story. I am sure you gave those sisters something that they will think about for a long time.

I never saw the Dateline program. I wanted to when it came out, but the elders had warned us against it. I would have watched it anyway, but my there was no way with all my family home.

Is there a link to that program anywhere?

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow
    I have heard since then that he has been DFed .....for smoking.

For smoking. You don't say. Thank you for sharing. You just planted doubt seeds in their heads and hearts. Maybe it will spread like ivy, to others.

• toladest
    toladest

There is still a link at silentlambs.org. http://silentlambs.org/education/dateline_trans.cfm

Lots of links to stories. My ex-father in law was pictured. His name is Daniel Fitzwater Sr.

Laurie

• sf
    sf

Nice to 'see' you Laurie.

sKally

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit