If the Watchtower ceased to exist right now, what would this mean for you?

by JH 43 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• JH
    JH

What would it change in your life right now if the Watchtower fell apart and didn't exist anymore?

Maybe some would want to join another realigion right away, because they still believed a bit of what they preached and didn't want to join a false religion, just as the JW's brand all other religions....

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

I can't see how it would affect me personally at all.

When I left the watchtower 18 months ago, I din't have any intention of going back then, and still don't. Although I spent over half my life in the wtbts, I will never set foot in a kingdom hall again, so if there were no kingdom halls, it wouldn't bother me at all.

• JH
    JH

Maybe it wouldn't bother you personally, but I'm sure you'd feel some sort of JOY for those still in and would be finally set free?

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

Maybe it wouldn't bother you personally, but I'm sure you'd feel some sort of JOY for those still in and would be finally set free?

I would feel joy for some, like those who know it isn't the truth, but stay in rather than lose their families. There are a number of those on JWD, and I have a friend who lurks on here, but hasn't quite plucked up the courage to join yet. She is fading, but keeps a low profile rather than upset her mum and dad by leaving altogether. For her, and many like her, the watchtower ceasing to exist would be a relief.

Alot of jws still do sincerely believe in wts doctrine though. I imagine the collapse of the watchtower would be very traumatic for them, particularly as many of them aren't aware of what is really going on in the org, like the child abuse problem they have, the UN NGO fiasco, and the governing body's refusal to accept historical evidence regarding the 607/586/587 debate. I really can't imagine what the effect of the watchtower suddenly collapsing would be on them.

• skycaptain
    skycaptain

Hi i think its just round the corner, i spent 36 years of my life in this cult and finaly left only recently thank god my eyes have been opened,

To think no more JWs knocking on your door what a relieve,of course in there eyes if there work stopped this would make them happy as they will tell you the end of the world is soon to dawn and there salvation awaits , what a joke.

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

I would be a liar if I were to say that what you are describing would not cause me a great deal of joy.

Hopefully, such an event would lead to the eventual psychological emancipation of many friends and family members that currently allow themselves to be held captive to the Watchtower.

Hope springs eternal.

Nvr

• vitty
    vitty

It would mean an enormous amount to me. No more walking on egg shells and being careful what i say-------------------and my daughter and her husband would be free !!!

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

It would be a major thing for me, I probably would concentrate more on my life, and probably feel a sense of satisfaction. I wouldnt be posting here anymore, with the exception of the occasional posting.

I probably would focus on other cults, and help those members struggling. I would still be involved in some type of anti-cult activity.

I would probably dance in the streets if this good news were to actually happen.

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk
    I would probably dance in the streets if this good news were to actually happen.

I'd pay to see that Junction-Guy!

I get what you say about not posting here anymore should this blessed event take place, but keep in mind, those walking out of their cells will need a lifetime supply of therapy to cope with their newfound freedom.

Nvr

• XJWNB
    XJWNB

Good question JH. This got me thinking. I think a lot JW’s would lose their mind. I think people in general like to belong to a group, like we enjoy this Forum. And, just like us some of us who are DJW, In-active, or have family members who have close relative in the organization would be relieved. We would finally had made our point to members of WTBTS.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit