How much have you changed since you left the JWs..........

by fifi40 39 Replies latest jw friends

• fifi40
    fifi40

Crumpet......................its really annoying me now.................I knew I should have paid more attention to that whole JW thing............it will come back at some point I am sure.......................

• fifi40
    fifi40

Ha Mouthy..................stumble.................I was kinda hoping you might ease my conscience...........

• FreeGirl2006
    FreeGirl2006

I am no longer 1)depressed 2)judgmental 3)unhappy.

I feel like I am in the sun after a long, cold, dark winter. Frankly, I wouldn't go back for a gazillion dollars. I love life now! It is a refreshing change to the first 34 years of my life. I replaced my "family" who dropped me when I needed them most with some friends who truly are closer than brothers (sisters). When my friends don't hear from me one day...I get a call or visit....I missed a year's worth of meeting due to serious illness with nary a word from the "true christian brotherhood"...definitely a marked contrast.

• janedoe
    janedoe

I have more fun, but since I grew up as a JW, some things will never happen. I'll never sleep around, take drugs, smoke, but I do enjoy swearing! I love having a more normal relationship with the people I work with and it's funny to talk about what I used to believe (they never knew the half of it!) .

• mavie
    mavie

Things that haven't changed:

Idealistic

Lover of education

Things that have changed:

Easygoing now

Can actually pursue that education I love

More aware of people around me

"I want to live and breathe

I want to be part of the human race."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9I-i-1d0hsI

I'm now a part of the world. Yet not a 'worldly'. That doesn't exist. Life isn't black and white.

• Save My Soul
    Save My Soul

I am 38 and the father of 4 children. I spend Saturday's at Soccer, Karate and Ballet. No fornication, adultry, murder .......

I think I am a good person. I have a tatoo with my wife's picture and childrens names.

My goal is to have a "Beautiful Death" as I told my wife.

I want to die an old, wealthy, happy man. I want my children, grand children and beautiful wife by my side.

As a witness, this would never want such a blasphemous wish.

• sass_my_frass
    sass_my_frass

I think I'm a far nicer person now, and I no longer judge people on outward displays of piety. I'm a lot more interesting now and hopefully a bit less stupid and annoying.

I also no longer cry myself to sleep, or imagine hanging myself from the rooftop and swinging over the crowd at the district convention, or any crowd... my depression has gone and has been replaced by what can best be described as pure joy and happiness. Life is so great now!

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

"I am no longer 1)depressed 2)judgmental 3)unhappy."

Me,too! I was very judgmental of others and always depressed because I didn't measure up, any more than anyone else did. Now, in spite of the problems life throws at me, I am happier than most people I know, I love a good laugh. And I have learned to mind my own business and keep my mouth shut about how other people live their lives (in spite of the very opinionated comments I have posted here!!!) God isn't watching everyone's every step, waiting for them to fall. Why should I be like that?

Also, I have truer friends now, having had the experience of being abandoned by everyone in the org. that I thought was a real friend.

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

Since I have left the tower, I am happier. I have more time to enjoy my short life. I see people as having needs and trying to meet them. I still don't like politicians, or war. I dont knock on peoples doors and wake them up on Saturday mornings. I dont go to boring assemblies or sing songs without melodies.

• skycaptain
    skycaptain

Certainly for the better , i now have friends that show real love and compassion for me,for 36 years when i was a JW i believed the lie that all people in the world are bad.what a load of rubbish, i do agree with you on the diffrent levels of conduct that still prevale in the KHs and with the folk that visit this site, im sure you would find the same degrees of faith in all religons.

I myself still firmly believe in god and try to up hold good principles in life,and allthough i have what are termed worldly freinds some who have no believe in god , these new friends are honest law abideing and put a many JWs to shame, .

I may stand on the other side of the fence now , but what a fantastic view Ive got.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit