BUT I HAVEN'T EXPERIENCED IT......................

by Dansk 24 Replies latest jw friends

• Dansk
    Dansk

so how can I believe what you say?

You can go on and on but the fact is you can't prove it! I only have your word for it that you had your experience.

And the books you cite don't help, either, because I've only got the author's word that he's telling the truth. How can I believe him if I haven't experienced it myself?

I know there's a lot of people who believe as you do, but until I experience it myself I can't believe it.

Oh, I admit you're all decent moral people - but because I haven't had your experience doesn't mean I'm any less so!

Look, the truth is we'll never know. You only say you know. When we die we'll know for sure.

Ian

• TopHat
    TopHat

Ian, My Father said don't believe anything you hear and only half of what you see....so you're are right....if you haven't experienced it yourself...then don't believe it. I guess that means I am only half real to you or maybe not real at all. I am nothing.

• aniron
    aniron

Sounds like that covers most things in life as well.

• Dansk
    Dansk

Sounds like that covers most things in life as well.

You could be right, but I don't know as I haven't experienced it...................................

Ian

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

Yes Ian. Reality is the best neighborhood to live in.

Nvr

• mouthy
    mouthy

How can I believe him if I haven't experienced it myself?
    But you have experienced it Ian... LOVE!!!!! that is the power that is in the world. Many,many people love you ...You say you dont believe in GOD. O.K. but you surely recognise HIS power>LOVE....

He uses people to distibute that power...I would willingly go out on a limb & say I bet MOST of the people on here love you ...
    May be you dont want to think that it is GODS power-but regardless you have to admit that LOVE is a most rewarding thing to experience ....Claire has shown you this !!!Right. faithfully!! after all you have both been through together.

So my darling ---I had to respond. You KNOW me I aint Mouthy for nothing gotta put my 2 cents in before I kick the bucket (((HUGS CLAIRE & IAN))))

• Snoozy
    Snoozy

Ian...are you saying the world could be FLAT?

Snoozy..

• Dansk
    Dansk

(((((((((Grace)))))))),

O.K. but you surely recognise HIS power>LOVE....

I've experienced love, yes, but how do I know it's God's power? Grace, my darling, YOU say that you have experienced God's love. I only have your word for that. I'm not doubting you at all - I just don't know - and the fact that someone may love me doesn't mean it comes from the power of God, does it?! Mind you, I will say that the whole coming together of Claire and I has more than a little coincidence about it.....................

As for the earth being flat - LOL - well, I KNOW it isn't because of the pictures taken of it from outer space. You see, Snoozy, I have experienced through motion picture and stills that the earth is spherical. There's also the horizon to consider. Ships "disappear" over the horizon, NOT over the edge

Ian

• JamesThomas
    JamesThomas

Every word ever spoken, every thought perceived,, every experience ever known, may be an illusion and only as real as the "reality" we give it. But who/what is this "we", this "me" that all "reality" seems to revolve around? What is the one undeniable actuality and truth upon which all other things hinge?

Take away all objectifiable experience of "self" and "other", and what remains? What is it that we all share? What unites us one and all? What has no beginning and no end?

j

• ninja
    ninja

I dont believe it!!!.....ninja meldrew

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit