BUT I HAVEN'T EXPERIENCED IT......................

by Dansk 24 Replies latest jw friends

• lesterd
    lesterd

"When we die we'll know for sure."

Who told you?

The truth is what you make it, and it will only work for you.

• mouthy
    mouthy

and the fact that someone may love me doesn't mean it comes from the power of God,
    Maybe not for you darling.-but since Grace believes MY GOD is a GOD of LOVE & Satan is the god of Evil ---& there are only two powers in the world call em as you want > Good & Evil>. Wheat & weeds, Givers & Takers, Lovers & haters it is up to us to put ourselves in the group we would rather be,
    I feel I am a giver, a lover,so two out 4 is on the way to making it.
    Making What you ask?
    I answer!!!! being a decent human being,,,,Which from all accounts most on here are---- weather they believe in the one I like to talk to or not >JESUS...

We all have a brain & if I am in a "fog" for believing what I do , I am enjoying it, because in that place I feel more "comfort" than I have in my 79 years. Even after losing my kids, hubby, money, health,friends
    Am I crazy???? well I enjoy the verse that says it takes the foolish ( that I am )in the world to put the wise to shame. ......I am NOT saying your wise either, ( though I think your intelligent... ) But who has wisdom????? I do hope you can understand me. ( Thogh I dont understand myself at times so dont feel badly if you delete (((((((HUG)))

• Mulan
    Mulan
    He's an extremely smart boy with a genius IQ.

He is pretty amazing. Unusually good reasoning abilities for a 10 year old. As Princess said, when he was 5 years old, he reasoned out the Adam and Eve story as "just silly".

I was there when his aunt's mom talked to him (well.......right afterwards) and was a bit alarmed. Rachel (Princess) handled it very well. He was under the impression that he wasn't allowed to believe in Jesus because no one else in the family believes he is god, and that we are not religious. Of course whatever he believes is his own belief system. No one tries to tell him what he can and cannot believe in.

Last Winter we (Dave and I) listened to a great CD set by Julia Sweeny, a comedienne, who is an atheist, former Catholic. It was hilarious, but also very thought provoking. I lean towards being an atheist anyway, but her reasonings are very sound..........and entertaining. I think it was called "A Life Without God".

Thanks Ian. I totally agree with you. When I asked my atheist brother how he explains the universe and our planet, he simply said "It just is". Made more sense than anything else I have ever been taught.

• juni
    juni

Dearest Ian,

You know what I've told you about my "leaky brain syndrome" lol

I'm kind of slow here........do you mean death?

Well.......it's part of the life cycle. We all are dying. While we are alive we should enjoy life and be kind towards others. None of us know what will happen in the next second to us. We can make plans, but they may not happen. We have to be thankful for the moment and hopefully we'll be here tomorrow.

Does that sort of answer your question?

(((Ian)))

Love, Juni

• Dansk
    Dansk

Does that sort of answer your question?

No, because I haven't experienced it (well, not in this body!).

(((((((((Grace))))))))),

I would be the last to tell you that your belief system is wrong. It works for you and I know you gain immense strength and joy from it. That's what we ALL desire - but I haven't experienced your depth of Christian faith. Who am I to tell you you are wrong? I don't have the answer so I wouldn't be so foolish.

When I think back, I've had one or two unusual spiritual experiences - but I don't know if you have experienced what I have experienced and you can't know it until you have. I'm travelling tomorrow so will have the experience of seeing the beautiful countryside. It's something I can report and you will believe it - and you can always go and experience it yourself! Somethings, however, are difficult to believe until we experience them ourselves.

I haven't experienced it...........................................

Ian

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit