Tomorrow is my Master's Defense (wish me luck)

by asleif_dufansdottir 19 Replies latest jw friends

• asleif_dufansdottir
    asleif_dufansdottir

Tomorrow at 2:45 Arizona time I present/defend my Master's research to basically the entire department (anthropology...all the 'sub-disciplines'...socio/cultural, physical and archaeology). They've changed things a bit in the program so now all grad students who are completing their MA in any given year present on the same day in one big "MA-athon," so *everybody*...all the faculty and many of the students...will be there (defenses used to have a much smaller audience and rarely had people from more than your own sub-disc).

I'm not as nervous as I could be...I've done several different (smaller) presentations of my research both on campus at brown-bags and on-campus grad student conferences and at 2 national meetings, so I've had lots of practice.

The only bad thing is, out of a bunch of students the whole day, I'm the Very. Last. One. here's to hoping they're ready to leave and *not* that, since there's nobody speaking after me, they can grill me for as long as they want

I am so ready to be done! At least I know my research portfolio (2 major papers) has been accepted by my committee, so the presentation's the last hurdle. That, and the two 25pg papers I have to write for the *classes* I'm taking this semester, that I haven't even started on yet!! (the MA took precedence).

After 4 years it will be really wierd to not have the thesis and other stuff hanging over my head.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

good luck - BTW I really enjoyed my Masters Thesis defenec (viva voce ) examination

• crazyblondeb
    crazyblondeb

Good luck, hope you do well.

let us know!!

shell

• zagor
    zagor

That's awesome. When I did mine I didn't have to defend it. Mind you by the time I've submitted it they've had a very good idea about the scope of my knowledge there as I used to 'suffocate' everyone in department with my topic lol. Speaking of which, what is the topic of you thesis? what are you working on?

[edited to add]

Heck forgot to say the most important thing, GOOD LUCK!!! ;)

by he way what University are you attending?

• J-ex-W
    J-ex-W

Good luck!!!

• sass_my_frass
    sass_my_frass

GOOD LUCK!! You'll be great, I can just tell. May you be touched by the great spaghetti monster, or something.

• Kudra
    Kudra

Yay!

BTW, I sent you a PM

-Kudra

• PEC
    PEC

Good luck, you are a better man than me.

• Kudra
    Kudra

PEC-

especially since she is a woman...

(according to her male/female sign there)

• PEC
    PEC

Nobody gets my humor.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit