Tomorrow is my Master's Defense (wish me luck)

by asleif_dufansdottir 19 Replies latest jw friends

• greendawn
    greendawn

If you spent so many hours studying the subject it will no doubt all be there in your mind and you will get through with flying colours. I wish you all the best.

• Who are you?
  • dedpoet
    dedpoet

Good luck!

• Jankyn
    Jankyn

Adding my two cents' worth: good vibes for good luck!

I was very nervous heading in to my defense--then my major advisor pointed out to me that, after all my preparation, *I* was the expert on the subject. So remember--when it comes to your topic...you're the expert!

Congrats!

• La Capra
    La Capra

Good luck to you. Last year this time, I finished mt JD. No thesis defense, but the bar exam loomed. In the end, looking back, I enjoyed being at the bar exam (but it took little slivers of a "relaxant" to calm me down). Sometimes, others catch me still studying for it, even though I don't have to anymore. If you truly love what you studied, you too ill find yourself doing the same thing. Enjoy the day. This is a huge moment for you. Shoshana

• ninja
    ninja

I thought this was a thread about the karate kid or something

• BFD
    BFD

goodluck

BFD

• moshe
    moshe

Good luck! I envy anyone who is able to do pure research and write a good thesis. The hard thing to have is an original thought, that turns out to be right.

• asleif_dufansdottir
    asleif_dufansdottir

Thanks everybody.

Everything went well. I survived. Everyone even laughed at all the right places (I try to make my presentations entertaining to keep people engaged). But it made for one Long day (there were I think 15 presenters).

It was at ASU.

The topic was "The Green, Green Grass of Home: Landscaping Preference in a Desert City."

I got hugs and handshakes from my committee...now I just have to finish out the semester.

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

Go get 'em. to you, afterwards.

Skeeter

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit