by Amber Rose 17 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• Amber Rose
  • averyniceguy
    averyniceguy

remember what? child abuse??

• Amber Rose
    Amber Rose

Oops!

When the Dateline program about JWs and child abuse aired Did they give a formal warning not to watch the show or did I imagine that?

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

As I recall, they read a letter from the branch stating that all the principles interviewed had been previous to airing, disfellowshipped.

This was of course a lie.

I am sure you could find a timeline on this at silentlambs.

Jeff

• averyniceguy
    averyniceguy

I remember some folks warned me not to watch the show and some JW folks have told me that they do not mind planning to watch the show.

• Snoozy
    Snoozy

One time when it aired..my JW MIL had me tape it for her. She had to go to a meeting that night and her VCR was messed up.

So later I asked her if she had a chance to watch it..she just said she didn't believe it.
    She looked at her JW son (My hubby) and asked him if he knew any JW pedophiles..he said "No".
    She said she didn't know of any either so they must be exagerating ,or making it up!

I just shrugged my shoulders and left the room. There was no reasoning with those two...

Snoozy

Edited to add that this reminded me of something years earlier...
    The old Life magazine had started to run several articles on the Catholic Church. Mostly dealing with how the Nuns were having sex with the priests but were having abortions instead of giving birth. They had found buriel sites for the fetuses in their courtyard.
    It was a big scandel...soon after that the old Life magazine stopped production.

The JW's made a really big deal out of that.No questions like "Do you know any Nuns that had a abortion?"
    Well it must not be true then..oh no. They gave the article their full attention.It was definately true!..We even used it out in service.

But they just can't face the fact that something is rotten in their own organization that is supposedly run by Jehovah God.
    I'm trying to remember if I ever heard a JW say they did do something wrong?(Even when caught red handed)..Humm.........give me a few years..maybe I can remember one..

Snoozy...

• Honesty
    Honesty

That show was the beginning of my being labeled a REBEL and POTENTIAL APOSTATE by my former JW spouse.

• toladest
    toladest

My ex-father in law was shown on that show and I remember that my sister said that a letter was read at the meeting and a talk given (it may have been special since Dan was a former member of that congergation) but they said it was lies and not to watch.

Laurie

• Pahpa
    Pahpa

I guess the Watchtower's only defense against such charges is denial. And JWs parrot the organization's response. However, I'm sure that such programs have a large impact on people studying with JWs and those in the organization that already have doubts.

The fact that the Watchtower has had a number of articles dealing with subjects like child abuse illustrates that it is aware of the criticism and is reacting accordingly.

• Missanna
    Missanna

I remember that we were warned not to watch it because it is satans tactic to make us doubt the brothers. They told us if something like that did happen they assured us that it was taken care of, both the situation and the offender... but ... when it came out that i was a victim of sexual abuse it was not taken care of. I just RECENTLY watched that video and they are telling the truth. Warning people not to watch it is they're way of controling your mind. Just like warning against doing any research outside of the org..

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit