Does anybody remember?

by Amber Rose 17 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• Missanna
    Missanna

I remember that we were warned not to watch it because it is satans tactic to make us doubt the brothers. They told us if something like that did happen they assured us that it was taken care of, both the situation and the offender... but ... when it came out that i was a victim of sexual abuse it was not taken care of. I just RECENTLY watched that video and they are telling the truth. Warning people not to watch it is they're way of controling your mind. Just like warning against doing any research outside of the org..

• Missanna
    Missanna

I remember that we were warned not to watch it because it is satans tactic to make us doubt the brothers. They told us if something like that did happen they assured us that it was taken care of, both the situation and the offender... but ... when it came out that i was a victim of sexual abuse it was not taken care of. I just RECENTLY watched that video and they are telling the truth. Warning people not to watch it is they're way of controling your mind. Just like warning against doing any research outside of the org..

• Missanna
    Missanna

• Missanna
    Missanna

I'm sorry about the double messages i'm having computer dificulty. :) sorry

• Snoozy
    Snoozy

Missanna........we get your point!

Repetition is the key...

But of course My JW MIL DID ask me to tape it...I think it aired here when she had to go to a meeting..how convenient huh?

AND she did end up watching it...Bad girl..

Snoozy..

• Missanna
    Missanna

lol i am sorry about that. By the way what is a JW MIL?

• codeblue
    codeblue

Yes......

I watched the last 10 minutes which made quite an impression on me. The hypocrisy of the WTBS!!! I had a sickening feeling that they were no better then the Catholic Church, whom they protested against for years at the KH because of their pedophile problem. I actully went to work with my head down the next day. I know a lot of them watch DATELINE.... of course they said nothing to me. (they liked me even though I was a JW)

At the following Sunday meeting, they announced because of the Dateline program, that the Thursday meeting would have a "special part' about it.

We went enthusiastically, thinking they would take measures of apology and recognize the WTBS has made mistakes and they would do everything to clear it up. Instead, they swept it under the rug and although they don't believe in pedophiles or child molestationg, they mentioned the people on DATELINE were df'd.

They were df'd because they were told IF they appeareded on the show, and told their stories, thus exposing the WTBS, they would be df'd.

Then I knew Jehovah was never behind this supposed only "true religion"......

Quite a "defining moment" for me....as Dr. Phil would say.

Codeblue

• reneeisorym
    reneeisorym

JW MIL = Jehovah's Witness Mother-in-law

I remember them reading the letter but I hadn't heard about the show yet so I didn't know what they were talking about. It was convenient that the show aired when most JWs were at a meeting. I know I was.

Renee

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit