This is the man who made it all happen!

by Terry 90 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Terry
    Terry
    TERRY YOU ARE MY HERO FOR THIS THREAD

Danny you're my hero for your indefatigable efforts to free people from the JW madness!

• DannyHaszard
    DannyHaszard

William Miller JW ground zero

William Miller JW ground zero

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist

>>To his merit, William Miller made a public apology: "I confess my error, and acknowledge my disappointment." He conveyed this retraction in May of 1844.

... And he was never heard from again! The lesson? DON'T APOLOGIZE! A lesson the Watchtower apparently learned...

Terry, a wonderful read -- thank you for putting this together!

Dave

• compound complex
    compound complex

Greetings Terry,

Re: post # 4405 and your not going into too much detail as only one or two may read your treatise: Please, go ahead and write whatever you must, regardless of what you might assume to be the response. That one person may take the ball and run with it - is that what we call the law of unintended consequences? In this case, however, it's more like UNEXPECTED consequences. Your piquing his curiosity, causing him to reflect on what he had never known before [a poster mentioned that he hadn't learned about Miller till he was 40 years old] is what counts.
    Plant one small acorn and you will get a huge oak tree that will produce thousands of acorns - and more trees.
    Many thanx.

CoCo

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Terry..I`ve read bits and bites of William Millars story,but nothing as well written as this..Well done..It really makes the man more life like and his story understandable..I hope the response to this thread encourages you to write the other tidbits you`ve been considering.....Most Jehovah`s Witness`s no nothing of William Millar,nor would they care to learn.The information would go by them,like a cow watching a train go by..Moo!.....And..To think..The Jehovah`s Witness Cult would not exsist,if British Soldiers could hit what they were shooting at..LOL!!...OUTLAW

• poppers
    poppers

"And..To think..The Jehovah`s Witness Cult would not exsist,if British Soldiers could hit what they were shooting at.."........... Great quote! LOL -

• crazyblondeb
    crazyblondeb

Anyone know how to build a time machine?? Go back in time, and take care of the problem!!

• anewme
    anewme

Good post Terry! Reading stories like this opens my eyes to the many repetitions in history of religious awakenings and efforts by men to offer their version of the truth and warn men of a "time of the end".
    This scam of using the scriptures of Revelation and encrypted numerals throughout the Bible to scare less educated and naive persons to join The Christian Church for survival has been going on for hundreds if not thousands of years now.

I read on another thread that there are even copy cat JW movements going on right now, MANY IN FACT.

Good grief is all I can say. Glad I got out of the scam before I died in it.

• Terry
    Terry

The story continues in a new Topic I'll post soon.

Some of the personalities surrounding Miller went on to set other fires that burned down many a life.

Stay tuned......

• GermanXJW
    GermanXJW

15 time proofs is quite convincing. Barbour/Russell did not have that many.

Russell published 20 time proofs in the Bible Student's Manual:

http://www.culthelp.info/index2.php?option=com_content&do_pdf=1&id=325

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit