This is the man who made it all happen!

by Terry 90 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

Wow Barbara!

That's some of the most substantive information I've seen in a long time!

That's going into my Favorites.

I feel like the workings of the religion I was part of for 33+ years now makes alot more sense.

Much appreciated!

Regards to Bro. Anderson,

nvr

• CuriousButterfly
    CuriousButterfly

Marked to read at a later time.

• Refriedtruth
  • nancy drew
    nancy drew

whenever a person is curious and pursues different ideas thats fine its when they begin to acquire followers that the trouble starts.

• Refriedtruth
    Refriedtruth

Barb sez-Thank you Terry for discussing the Millerite Adventism connection to Russell.

However, after Russell died, who in the organization was a Millerite man at heart? For what it's worth, it was none other than Fred Franz. I found out the connection when I was working in the Writing Dept. doing research for the Proclaimer's book.

• lepavoux
    lepavoux

Hi Terry,

Your posts two years after are very important about William Miller and the Watchtower, very well researched and very well presented,well done.

If only Jehovah's Witnesses were to listen to this material by looking up the Internet they would then see the real truth.

Maurice Le Pavoux.

• dropoffyourkeylee
    dropoffyourkeylee

Interesting post!

I think it fair to say that Miller, despite what some of his biographers wrote, did not come up with his time prophecies entirely through his own study of the Bible using only the Concordance. Of course the basic ideas, day-for-a-year, etc had been appearing for centuries. I really would be interested in knowing exactly what books Miller would have had access to, or indeed what books were commonly found in NE America at that time.

On another note, a previous post mentioned the SDA books 'The Prophetic Faith of Our Fathers'. I have looked at only one of these (there are 4 volumes in the series) and was really impressed with the detail and candid way the history of the beliefs was presented. I think they were written in the 40's or 50's?? and the author/editor's name was Froome or something like that.

• Londo111
    Londo111

BTTT (because this my 1844th post).

1914 is the 1844 of Watchtower theology. Of course, 1874 used to be the 1914 of Watchtower theology up until the 1930's.

• EdenOne
    EdenOne

marked

• Terry
    Terry

If we are honest (and we are!) we acknowledge not one JW in a thousand gives a crap about Russell or Rutherford.

My former best friend (still a JW after all these decades) said to me face to face: "I don't consider anything that happened BEFORE 1919 to

be the least bit important or worth my time."

Ohhhh kaaaaaay. That's sweeping your origins under the rug!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit