Describe Your Emotion Involving The Witnesses

by minimus 30 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

Are you angry? Dissapointed? Saddened? Happy? In a fog???

What????

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

Hurt, disappointed, saddened, exploited, violated.

Not bitter or angry.

I'm nevergoing back.

• Tuesday
    Tuesday

helpless really. I used to be angry when I first found out everything that was going on, and all the diry back deeds, and all the false prophesies etc. Now it's reached a point of helplessness because no matter how much I know, how well I can argue, how great my life goes, how well I can play bible ping-pong, how much bad things I can bring up, it's not going to make a lick of difference in getting anyone out of the orginization. My old friends, my mother are all going to continue on their path, and by the time they're ready to leave (if they ever are) I probably won't be in the place I am now to help.

• figureitout
    figureitout

Pretty numb for the most part. Not the type of numb where I am so shocked and hurt, just a whatever numb. I think there are some great people in the organization who are doing what they think is right and I respect that from anyone to a certain extent. Just like every organization there is good, bad, and a lot in between.

• BFD
    BFD

Rage towards to org.

Pity for those who believe.

Helpless to get my mom out. I decided not to try anymore with her. She is going to be 76 this year and has been a witness since 1965. Why pull the rug out from under her now?

BFD

• Gayle
    Gayle

Personally, "relief" for me that I'm free, but still "indignant" that the insidiousness of WT still flourishes.

• daystar
    daystar

I invest very little emotion into it now. It's not worth my time. But then, I don't really have any family in to speak of anymore.

Sometimes I get pissed about wasted opportunities in my life, and so many others, due to WBTS policies regarding higher education, as well as other, obviously draconian or very detrimental policies (such as the two (or was it three) witness rule).

But, honestly, when I put things into perspective, there are worse things to have been. I could have been raised a Scientologist.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Hurt, disappointed, saddened, exploited, violated.

Not bitter or angry.

I'm nevergoing back.

Violated and exploited, yes.

Bitter- MOST DEFINITELY YES

• troubled mind
    troubled mind

I was so angry at first because I felt I had been lied to for so long . Being lied to is a huge deal breaker for me ! Anger was not a good thing because I ended up alienating several people . Then I felt so hurt to realize people I thought loved me really didn't . I try hard just not to care anymore , (but obviously I do or I would let all of this go and move on.) I still feel some what controlled ...because my adult children are witnesses I don't feel I have the freedom to be completely honest with them . I don't want to lose our relationship . So I guess conflicted is the best way to describe how my emotions are right now .

• minimus
    minimus

I've never been "angry". I've accepted that I was raised in this crazy religion and it is what it is.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit