Describe Your Emotion Involving The Witnesses

by minimus 30 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

Yes, JWD's wonderful posters have helped many leave "The Truth".

• dobbie
    dobbie

yes they gave me the courage to leave thank you ! I was very angry at first because i have to see them everyday in the classroom and they are all there in their little group and it used to eat me up and make me mad and intimidated,and very upset but i've recently come to calm down and try not to get upset and look at what i have got, so much more than they have, and at least when i'm 80 i won't look back on life and still be wondering when armageddons coming!

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk
    and at least when i'm 80 i won't look back on life and still be wondering when armageddons coming!

AMEN to that sister dobbie! I used to have nightmares about that very thing.

• BFD
    BFD
    The anger and bitterness that we may justifiably feel will bring us untold harm if we can't learn to let it go. -Nvr

That is so true and I know that one day (hopefully soon) I will be able to let go of the anger I have toward the org. I have lost 30+ years of my life to the lies and I know that if I don't let go of the anger they will claim much more than that. Excellent advice, my brother. How did you let it go?

BFD

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk
    How did you let it go?

Thanks for asking BFD! The same way I let go of the anger I had towards my mother. I tried to understand her and why she was the way she was. Same goes for the organization. I tried to understand what motivates the individuals in the organization. I believe most,not all, sincerely believe their own propaganda. Even when high-ranking members "in the know" begin to suspect that all is not well, they've inflicted so much psychological damage on themselves that they see no way out of "God's one true organization." They continue to participate in the dissemination of lies and false hopes for that is all they've allowed themselves to know. They think that the more they shout, the more likely that their promises will be delivered. Like a line from a song I like says, " All my lies are really wishes, I would die if I could come back new." We are to be thankful that we saw the light and had at least a short while to live in reality, as scary as that can sometimes be.

I've opened my heart and good things happen everyday. Like for instance knowing people like you BFD. The organization taught us in true cult fashion:

Jehovah's Witnesses- Good

Everybody Else- Bad

And that my friend, is a lie!

Much love and respect to you brother,

Nvr

• chelleadam
    chelleadam

I think I went through every emotion in the spectrum for the last 7 years. Now I struggle with not being bitter and cynical. I am very grateful that I finally saw the true "light". When I feel bad now I try to focus on that and look forward instead of back.

• BFD
    BFD

Nvr you are wise beyond your years. Thank you.

Mini, sorry to highjack.....

backtotopic

BFD

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

well, I hate all religions because of the awful effect they have on the world. Religion has outlived its usefulness. I am a little bitter (I had to pause and search myself to see if I am telling the truth here, but I think I am) about wasted opportunities and all the betrayal I experienced, but that is a long time ago and I have a different life now. I am disgusted by the stuff I learn and the stuff I know from personal experience about the way the org. tears families apart and teaches people it is OK not to love. Appalled at the way many have been treated. Stunned at the way people buy into all that s**t, although I shouldn't be as I bought into it for years. Glad that I am not a part of it at all, except for participating here.

• Sasha
    Sasha

Invested not so much my time, but my emotions, looking forward to good, acceptance, being accepted by God for finding the "narrrow path". Dissapointed that I was lied to, treated well, until I asked questions and then was turned on by them. Not angry, a little sad. Glad I left. Have a list of greviances by front door (Excepts from 2 of Franz's books), etc. to repute if they should drop by. I'm not going to just slam the door. I need to get it off my chest. However, they have never come back, except for the sneaky trac for the memorial under the door!

• Sasha
    Sasha

Invested not so much my time, but my emotions, looking forward to good, acceptance, being accepted by God for finding the "narrrow path". Dissapointed that I was lied to, treated well, until I asked questions and then was turned on by them. Not angry, a little sad. Glad I left. Have a list of greviances by front door (Excepts from 2 of Franz's books), etc. to repute if they should drop by. I'm not going to just slam the door. I need to get it off my chest. However, they have never come back, except for the sneaky trac for the memorial under the door!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit