An introduction

by Toshiro Mifune 30 Replies latest jw friends

• Euphemism
    Euphemism

Welcome to the board! Love the way you write.

I think Madam Quixote's analogy to malaria is spot-on. You don't ever completely get over the brain-screwing, but that doesn't mean you can't have a good life anyway. It helps that your family isn't in, at least.

• Clam
    Clam

Welcome Toshiro. What a great film the Seven Samurai was.

• windchime
    windchime

Welcome to JWD. Thank you for sharing your story.

The reason I checked your thread is your handle!

• greendawn
    greendawn

Welcome Toshiro, if you read extensively about the JWs their history and ideology you will eventually begin to feel free. There may also be local anti cultic support groups that you can join to further boost your efforts to erase the cult.

• VanillaMocha73
    VanillaMocha73

Do you recover? I don't know. But I figure I learned some good stuff, like what NOT to do. I did realize at some point that I needed to give the heavy heart and anger to God and let it go. He did lift it from my heart and let me tell you, I felt 100 pounds lighter at that moment!!! He sees and maybe he can use us to reach out to those still stuck inside. Otherwise, just pray and carry on and God will reach you in whichever way is right for you.

• Sparkplug
    Sparkplug

Welcome Toshiru!! Just want to welcome you.

Glad to have you here.

• anewme
    anewme

I'll say it again to you,

Welcome Home TM!!!!

• crazyblondeb
    crazyblondeb
    does a person ever really get over a decades-long brain-screwing by an authoritative, oppressive, soul-sucking religion?

welcome

Welcome to the board. If you stick around you will get to know all of us that have been where you are. Here you will find experience, strength, and hope. It helps to know you are not alone. You will find friends and family here, that you have been told cannot exist outside the Kingdom Hall. Here you will find unconditional love.....if you want it......it's yours for the taking!

shelley

• jgnat
    jgnat
    does a person ever really get over a decades-long brain-screwing by an authoritative, oppressive, soul-sucking - [parent]

Why, yes. Some adult children somehow manage to rise above their past. I don't know why some rebound and others self-destruct, but I suspect it has something to do with inner will, choices, and the chance to see what good looks like here and there. One fine adult who came from an abusive home told me she got her inspiration from teachers and librarians.

Adult children who recover from abusive pasts also have a few things going for them. They recognize and reject manipulation and abuse. They can be more sensitive and caring parents.

After all, we all are the sum of all our experiences. Even the bad memories can serve as an example and a warning as we wind our way thorugh life.

• Open mind
    Open mind

Hai Toshiro!

(Couldn't resist taking a shot at a bilingual pun. It's a mental illness I still carry from dubdom )

This board is a lifesaver. Have a good, long look around.

Open Mind

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit