Would you rat out an Elder

by pratt1 40 Replies latest jw experiences

• pratt1
    pratt1

This weekend I accompanied a few friends to a strip Club in Manhattan.

My wife doesn't like it too much, but since I promised her that a lap dance is asfar as I will go with a stripper, she tolorates it.

Imagine my surprise when I noticed that an elder from my old congo was there along with several of his co-workers.

He tried to ignore me but before we left I stopped by his table and said hello.

He actually had the nerve to ask me if it was okay for us to speak. I said since we were both in a strip club, it didn't matter.

My question - Should I mention this to dubs I still maintain relationships with, who incidently worship the ground this elder walks on?

Should I contact him and tell him I am going speak to his body of elders?

Should I just as they say"What happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas" and forget the whole thing?

Most likely I won't say anything. I hope he is on his way out of the Borg and maybe this is one of his first steps towards achieving that.

• loosie
    loosie

Most likely I won't say anything. I hope he is on his way out of the Borg and maybe this is one of his first steps towards achieving that.

Help the other elders help this man out of the org. Let them know about it.

• pollyana
    pollyana

Mention it to the other drones if you can. You're doing him a favor whether he knows it or not. And really, you saw him in a strip club? Fine example he's setting.

• DJK
    DJK

A situation like that could be handled in as many ways as there are people who may encounter it.

It depends on the elder. If he were an ass, I'd rat him out in a heart beat. Revenge so to speak, otherwise I would not be judgemental. To each his own.

Does your wife really allow you lap dances?

• Warlock
    Warlock

I would only rat out a couple people if I ever saw them doing something like that. Is he on your shitlist? That's how I rate them.

Warlock

• averyniceguy
    averyniceguy

I did when I was a very dumb dub. I caught an elder watching R Rated movies. I reported on him, they did not do anything about it. As far as I know, he is still an elder.

• TopHat
    TopHat

Nawwww, Don't rat on him....Me and my friends did things that would have gotten us in trouble when I was a dub...and none of us ratted on each other. It is strange but all of us protected each other in the cong. I once saw the wife of an Elder flirting with a younger man who was their study and I didn't say a word to anyone, not even my best friend....and you of course don't know me so it doesn't matter as that was years ago. Anyway rumors were all over the hall but no one told on her or what they knew to the Elders. It looked like she was in love with this guy.

• loosie
    loosie

Ask yourself would he rat you out if the situation was reversed?

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut
    He actually had the nerve to ask me if it was okay for us to speak.

I think your question depends on how EXACTLY he asked the above question.

If he were just an ignorant elder, unaware of the rules or your situation, perhaps a pass.
    If he was asking like, "I really shouldn't talk to you, aren't you an apostate?" then turn him in.

He may very well be a fader trying to have a life. I think if he is just ignorant, you could
    talk to him again about
    1) what he's going to do about being an elder.
    2) what he does when others come forward with their little secrets.

If he knows your situation and was trying to say "I'm an elder in a strip bar, but you are
    an apostate, I'm weak and you're evil." then let the brothers deal with him fairly after you
    talk to them. Provide the names of anyone else you know who saw him.

If you don't want to be bothered by any JW's, then forget it. He'll be crazy waiting for you
    to do something, anything.

• pratt1
    pratt1

DJK - Like I said she tolorates - like I tolorate her overspending.

Loosie - Good point, he would rat me out in a second.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit