Would you rat out an Elder

by pratt1 40 Replies latest jw experiences

• Warlock
    Warlock

In exchange for not ratting him out, tell him the next time you two can go together and he's paying.

Warlock

• Stealth453
    Stealth453

I did, and they finally got me after 3 diferrent sets of trumped of charges.

Best thing that ever happened to me.

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Don't rat on him, you could have a talk with him as to why you're not ratting on him, useing reasoning like how wrong it is for elders to get envovled in the personal lives of others, and how you hope he will be more merciful with the flock next time he is on a JC.

• watson
    watson

Don't say a thing. Let him squirm...enjoy the power...muwah,ah,ah,ah.

• Euphemism
    Euphemism

I'm with Toshiro. I don't care how much of an asshole the elder is, he's not nearly as bad as the WTS and their judicial system. No way in hell I would turn anyone in to them.

• Es
    Es

Oh hell yeah, dob him in good and proper.

I ratted out an elder once when i was still in the borg, he was an owner of the cafe I was working at, and one of the fellow employees told me he used to go out the back and smoke, so I dobbed him in, he got removed and with a month both he and his daughter were D\F and then about 2 months after that he passed away suddenly. I kinda felt bad but back then I thought i was doing the right thing being in the borg and all

es

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk
    Don't say a thing. Let him squirm...enjoy the power...muwah,ah,ah,ah.
    I'm with Toshiro. I don't care how much of an asshole the elder is, he's not nearly as bad as the WTS and their judicial system. No way in hell I would turn anyone in to them.

Don't rat on him, you could have a talk with him as to why you're not ratting on him, useing reasoning like how wrong it is for elders to get envovled in the personal lives of others, and how you hope he will be more merciful with the flock next time he is on a JC.

In exchange for not ratting him out, tell him the next time you two can go together and he's paying.

NOW we're getting a little more reasonable and creative!

To those who want to go for the jugular: Since when has being a dick been the right thing to do? He's a flawed and conflicted character. This can be used to help him take a closer look at reality. If then he shows himself to be Pharisee #1, take it to the next level.

IMHO,

nvr

• pratt1
    pratt1

IP sec - exactly what about the story stinks?

• Paralipomenon
    Paralipomenon

I agree with not ratting him out.

I would make a piercing comment to him though, something like "I hope you remember I didn't make a big deal out of this the next time you're thinking about shunning me"

Then invite him to go with you some other time.

You don't water seeds of doubt with bricks.

• Xena
    Xena

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit