Funny story about a funeral

by dawg 14 Replies latest social relationships

• dawg
    dawg

My uncle died last month (father's side), so I mustered up the courage to attend the funeral; he was never baptised and I was never disfellowshipped so folks still talk to me thinking I'm Da not realizing I'm a full flegged apostate-this has since changed as I've decided to come forward since then. So the Elder gets up and gives the funeral sermon complete with many of the Bible myths talking snake and all... sounds like a damn bad acid trip. So after the graveside service one of my old friends I haven't seen in 17 years comes up and says "did you learn anything by todays sermon'? I mean the shi#head doesn't even ask me how I've been just what I thought about the sermon... there were three elders that came up with him and I wasn't in a mood to hear their crap, I assume that he's now an elder and they thought this was a prime witnessing opportunity. I said "yes, I learned that you guys are still as crazy as you've always been, any more questions"? The smiles went away from their faces and they swiftly went away without saying another word. I guess it'll be another 17 years before that happens again, they'll still be on their acid trip waiting for harm-ageddon looking for the same insane organization of men to feed them their mental food at the proper time, ensuring their complete compliance to what a group of uneducated men think. Lowering themselves in servitude to the WTBTS... Sad!

• TopHat
    TopHat

Now, why that brother would ask you if you learnt anything is beyond me because he as a friend of yours knows you have studied the doctrines of the WTS. AND you know it all. You could teach him a few things because after-all you were there in Eden when the snake tempted Eve....WEREN"T YOU dawg?

• garybuss
    garybuss

I have a friend who had a dog when I first met him and the Witness elders with the muscle smiles remind me of that dog. The dog would wag his tail and wiggle his butt and look up and smile like he was my best friend and when I reached down to pet him, he'd bite my hand. He suckered me with that twice before I learned.

• juni
    juni

Yes. Very pathetic dawg. Perhaps they needed the hours for their field service report??

Juni

• crazyblondeb
    crazyblondeb

Maybe now you'll get an invitation for one of those "special" meetings in the back room!!

• Stealth453
    Stealth453

Great answer dawg. I would have loved to see the stunned, stupid looks on their pathetic mugs.

• DJK
    DJK

At my sister's wake a couple weeks ago, many JWs came and they would come over to me and start talking casual for a few minute's. Then they turned the conversation into a biblical one that ended in a question or in some way required a response. I gave them a blank stare and in a few moments they would say, "you take care of yourself" and walk away. I felt like, "Wow, I beat them"!

• dawg
    dawg

Garybuss-using dogs an an analogy... Jw's aren't that smart

Y53-it was great watching them skip out.

Carzyblonde-I would go to their special meetings but I'm afraid I'd get molested.

DJK-I'm so sorry to hear about your sister... and the fact that having to be questioned at such a sad moment just makes it much worse. Take care my sister.

• ex-nj-jw
    ex-nj-jw

Dawg,

I feel a connection with you in the way you handle dubs, I also have no tollerance (sp?) for them and could very well see myself saying the same thing.

My feeling is why play a game with them? I just don't have the energy to smile and be polite to people who can't give me any respect for my personal views. For awhile my fram of mind was "you are entitled to your view", just respect my view, sounds easy right?? Not for dubs, they continue to try to ram this cult down your throat at every chance they get, so now I give it right back to them.

You will never hear me make excuses for them! Good job!!!

nj

• dawg
    dawg

Back at you ex-nj-jw...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit