How about another pet thread?

by Stealth453 31 Replies latest jw friends

• Clam
    Clam

Monkey eating eagles? Got any pics?

Just 2 dogs, 1 horse and a hamster here.

FinallyFree I saw this and thought of you . . . . . . http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DD7aJToR8AA

Clam

• Stealth453
  • Gretchen956
    Gretchen956

Mine are quite ordinary but very adorable:

Sherry

• Stealth453
    Stealth453

Sometimes ordinary is nice. Cute pets.

• riverofdeceit
    riverofdeceit

Aha, reptile fans. Cool.

I have a 3 ft. ball python, a young redtail boa, two cornsnakes, a saharan sand boa, bearded dragon, two leopard geckos, a crested gecko, a rosehair tarantula ( my wife's, I hate the thing and won't be in the room when she takes it out), a schneider's skink, and an anole which was supposed to be food for a snake that hasn't eaten for a long time, but he didn't eat it. I have a little stupid mutt, and a cat. I used to have a golden retriever, but he got hit by a truck a month ago.

Edited to ask, what is a budgie?

4 Budgies
  • moshe
    moshe

We have a 2 year old silky Terrier- his name is Sparky. I have tried to train him. I used treats to train him to scratch at the door to tell us he needs to go outside to do his business- except in his mind he scratches anytime he wants a treat in addition to needing to go outside, so I only find out if it is a real potty break when I open the door and he either goes right outside or he just looks at me , thinking to himself, " whatsa matter are you a meshuganah*?- I want a treat, not a potty break!"

*- yiddish for crazy person

I tried to teach him to bring his toys by command- 1st he learned "go get your ball" and he learned that word and when I said it he would run and get his ball to play with me. Then I used a treat to teach him to get his squirrel toy and it worked- he brings it to me 10 times day, even when I don't ask for it- yes, that's right- he just wants a treat!

• Do Not Call
    Do Not Call

riverofdeceit,
    Sorry about your dog. I love golden retrievers. Budgies are budgerigars, (Australian members of the parrot family).

• dobbie
    dobbie

I've got a jack russell terrier and a dutch rabbit, hes so cute. We did have another rabbit guinea pigs and a hamster but they have all recently died off!The reabbit is 8yrs now so i don't think he will go on much longer, i love rabbits but hubby has banned me from buying anymore cos hes the one who has to clean it out, (which is totally his fault cos he nsists on keeping the hutch in the shed and its full of spiders so i won't go in there)

So i won't be popping in Richierichs house to see his spider, it was bad enogh working at a pet shop once and they squashed a dead one down my back!I'm not into snakes either, when iwas at the pet shop i ended up with a bedroom full of mice to stop the cutest ones being fed to the snakes! I like lizards though they're really cute!

• greendawn
    greendawn

I have one dog that accompanies me when I go out for walking and is quite obedient, never makes a mess in the house, basically if he is fed, given water, shown affection and taken out for walks he is happy.

• RichieRich
    RichieRich
    So i won't be popping in Richierichs house to see his spider, it was bad enogh working at a pet shop once and they squashed a dead one down my back!I'm not into snakes either, when iwas at the pet shop i ended up with a bedroom full of mice to stop the cutest ones being fed to the snakes! I like lizards though they're really cute!

Actually, I keep the spider in my piercing room... It keeps the girls who work the counter from coming in and taking my stuff

There seems to be some sort of X-JW connection to reptile / exotic animal husbandry....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit