If most men decided to wear a beard today, would the JW's follow?

by JH 31 Replies latest jw friends

• Blueblades
    Blueblades

Rules, Gillette won't go out of business. They have more items out there than just shaving gear.

Blueblades

• Narkissos
    Narkissos

They would probably end up "following" 10 years later, when it gets out of fashion again

• wunce_wuz
    wunce_wuz

Alligator Wisdom made this statement, "Not long ago the circuit overseer had one elder shave off his mustache."

When I entered Bethel I also had a mustache. I and others get our work assignment, we meet the floor overseer. I get pulled aside. So brother newboy (me) you happen to see the latest magazine? I say yes. The article is about evolution. Within the article is a picture of a white scientist at a blackboard. This white scientist has a mustache.

So, in the floor overseers mind, if you are white and have a mustache you believe in evolution.

I am thinking, I have not been at Bethel a full week and I got 47 more weeks of people that think or may think like this, what did I get myself into....

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

So, anyone else think it is interesting that JWs go so far to prove they are 'no part of the world' and let the world (or local) grooming standards dictate who gets priveleges of service?

• zagor
    zagor

I've had mine for about a year now; had it shaved about two months ago for a short while and couldn't look myself into a mirror anymore. So yes I agree with prophecor it is an absolute part of who I am.

But to answer your question, no they would not. World has since accepted many things which dubs still reject and shun so I just can't see why beard would be any different. It is not so much a matter of a style but of control, which works on completely different level than simple fashion or style.

• Arthur
    Arthur

It was however, acceptable for sisters to have beards. This is a picture of Judge Rutheford's mistress:

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

I'm surprised they haven't disfellowshipped Jehovah for creating facial hair in the first place. It's his fault so many of us were stumbled!

W

• Reefton Jack
    Reefton Jack

For several years, I lived in a country where most men are bearded.
    That, however, made no difference to the dubs stand about beards - the local brothers were not permitted to
    follow the local custom on this matter.

So based on that, I would say no!

• unbaptized
    unbaptized

Personally it seems to me that the organization has taken on some of the traits of Ancient Israel. These same traits caused Israel to impale Jesus and persecute his brothers. If a person eats a meal with unclean hands this person has not sinned, because what goes into the mouth does not bring forth death, but what comes out of the mouth can. So how can they put rules out there that bare no scriptural weight such as shaving of the beard, which is a natural male growth process. That's crazy!

• ButtLight
    ButtLight
    I'm surprised they haven't disfellowshipped Jehovah for creating facial hair in the first place

After reading this whole thread.....lol.....i was going to say the same thing. If jehovah created men with facial hair, Why would it be wrong to wear it? I would love to see a brother grow a beard, get pulled into the back room, and be told to shave it off. And he says, hey, jehovah made me this way.......talk to him about it!!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit