If most men decided to wear a beard today, would the JW's follow?

by JH 31 Replies latest jw friends

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Beards were popular in the 70`s.Alot of people wore them..Except JW`s..Sideburns could get you in a shitload of trouble.A beard was unthinkable..Cult members must follow Cult rules!..Be thankfull the WBT$ didn`t make you wear a Beanie Cap with a spinning propeller on top..LOL!!...OUTLAW

• RULES & REGULATIONS
    RULES & REGULATIONS

JH

Scot full beard with wigIs this what you want walking in the Kingdom Hall? Won't it scare kids? Wouldn't Gillette go out of business?

• greendawn
    greendawn

In Jesus time the Jews had by law to have a beard short or long, they weren't allowed to shave. It is a peculiar part of the JW psychology that they don't like beards perhaps to them it means rebellion like in the hippy days. I can't see anything wrong with a well kept tidy beard but they are not likely to change the rule come what may.

• Handsome Dan
    Handsome Dan

If it were to become a trend they would ban it, I'm sure, mustn't follow trends its evil, do remember too that short hair clean cut policy is for sales and marketing to the general public.

• hopie
    hopie

PEOPLE IN A CULT DON'T LEAD, THEY FOLLOW !

The reason for all these restrictions is for (CONTROL) and (ISOLATION)

Hopie

• The Humper
    The Humper

i used to always get harped on because of my sideburns. i had them to the bottom of my ear and one day an elder told me i need to cut them because it looked bad. this wasnt the first time theyd told me to do it. i usually did but then would slowly grow them back. that time though i said no i wont. then i brought up two other brother, one was a reg pioneer the other was an MS. i pointed out that mine are just as long as thiers but mine only look longer because i buzzed my head and they had more hair so thiers looked shorter. needless to say after that i was removed from the sound board, and mic handler. then i was told that i needed to study the scriptures more and think about what i was doing to get my privledges back.

• JH
    JH
    If it were to become a trend they would ban it, I'm sure, mustn't follow trends its evil

but they defend themselves by saying that back then, in Jesus time, it was a trend, so everyone in the song book had a beard and it was OK.

• blondie
    blondie

I have seen women such as Condi Rice and Laura Bush wear slacks in formal settings, yet I know that women at the KH will never be able to wear the same.

• watson
    watson

It depends on who's running things back at headquarters. I am fairly sure that the Creator of the Universe couldn't care less.

If anyone in the congregation is troubled by beards, and says something to the elders, then it is the elder's duty to remind the offending hairy one, that if it stumbles your brother or sister.......

This will not change until the leaders come right and say......"It's ok now for you brothers to let your beards grow."

"HEY BROS, IT'S BEEN 4 DECADES SINCE THE SUMMER OF LOVE!!"

• Kaput
    Kaput

No. The dubs will have to patiently wait on Jehovah until the Millennial Reign when the new scrolls are opened, and then razors will be outlawed.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit