How do you guys know that standing firm won't work

by dawg 37 Replies latest jw friends

• dawg
    dawg

LL, I don't see where we disagree, yet you say I'm wrong... isn't this the exact course of action you've chosen? Haven't you done exactly what I was suggesting?

JGnat-thanks for your reply, yet read the above reference to LL... she alredy doing more than what I was suggesting and she's your hero, yet I'm wrong... I just don't get it!

Good Luck to you SF, you are the man!

Gymndog... good post but help me out herer. You're saying they respect your beliefs? How? By saying that they won't even talk to you if you don't believe like them? Thats respect? Don't get angey with the tone of this question... I just can't think of a nicer way of phrasing it and I really want to hear your reply.

Questioner, I'm not saying shout at anyone... what I'm actually talking about here is the "faders" that seem so sad they haven't made a stand evertime they post.. Shouting is never an option,.,.

• juni
    juni

dawg I understand what you're saying, but everyone is different. They have to do what is best for their situation and their sanity. LOL at your comment to Dave about the teams!!

Do I feel that the WTB&TS will explode and come tumbling down anytime soon? Don't think so. After reading the posts at my Topic about the attitudes/demeanors of JWs active today, I see now that the consensus is that people are getting wore down/out. I DAed 14 years ago. My choice. But to others they feel that this is playing by the "rules" and one should just go away. For me, I wanted it known how I felt. But that's just me. I don't fault someone for their decision. Not saying you do.

So many on anti depressants. They're hanging on w/their finger nails. Hopefully at some time this screwy religion will implode and crash.

JunctionGuy has done stuff that I couldn't do. Lady Lee and others have got out the information. So many new ones are lurking here at the forum and have joined lately too.

Just my opinion......

Juni

• dawg
    dawg

And its a great opinion Juni... I can see by the posts that I'm wrong to try and speak for all of you... that really wasn't my intent... just when I read how sad the faders are... No one can see all, so I'm going to stay with the course I've chosen and try to be a little more compasionate... I guess this post hit a nerve which wasn't my intent.

• juni
    juni

Not a problem w/me dawg. I can understand how you might get a little "twitchy" when faders complain and then just don't take the plunge and get the hell out of Dodge so to speak.

I personally know of one fader. They are prayerfully considering their retreat. They know who they are. Private joke dawg. Sorry.

I truly believe that all have their own "plan" to finalize their exit. Is that Theocratic warfare??? LOL

Have a good weekend. U a redneck dawg??

Juni

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

Personal experience.

I have stood up to be counted.

Every family member knows my postion and why I take it.

They have all been given questions to answer, none have replied.

None has ever refuted anything I have said about the WT except my wife, who lied to me to defend it. When I checked out what she had said and discovered I had been deceived by her, I confronted her with the information I had found and she did not refute it.

They all still talk to me, but that is because I never got baptised. (I am a 'born in'.)

Cheers

Chris

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

Let me clarify something

So, many of you have rightfully challenged my beliefs that standing firm and telling your families exactly what you feel about the WTBTS won't work.... I submit that it doesn't work becasue we don't stand together!
    I'm not one to challenge another person's belliefs but I think you are wrong on this one.

The one point "I submit that it doesn't work becasue we don't stand together! " is what I don't agree with. My apologies if it came out the wrong way. We disagree and that is OK. There are many ways to make a stand. We are a collective of people around the world, at varying stages of our recovery from the WTS/JW lifestyle. No hard feelings dawg

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

I'm interested to hear what you have to say!

Dawg, this is what I found out a long time ago. We aint all going through this life together, were going through one at a time and alone.

• dawg
    dawg

Juni, I'm no redneck just a red head!

Black Sheep, you're one lucky man

LL... I didn't take anything personal, I won't disfellowship you becasue we didn't agree, I learn a lot from disagreeing with people and think that the most valuable thing folks can do.

JB... True that!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit