How do you guys know that standing firm won't work

by dawg 37 Replies latest jw friends

• dawg
    dawg

So, many of you have rightfully challenged my beliefs that standing firm and telling your families exactly what you feel about the WTBTS won't work.... I submit that it doesn't work becasue we don't stand together! If all of us would stand firm say what we know to be true, do it publically, and not back down then I guarentee you there are many in the congs that want out of this crap and their just too scared to do anything becasue they don't want to lose their families. In my family there are many that call me privately and tell me they know the WT is a crock of shit but won't stand up against it! If we press the issue the're will be many to follow, at least we may disrupt the work. Dr. King stood up aginst injustice and never fired a shot, but the truth of his message was just too clear... our message is just as true... Aren't you tired of not being able to look at yourselves in the mirror? I read too many posts where many of you are beating yourselves up for not making the proper stand; eliminate that shame by "taking arms against a sea of troubble and by opposing end them",,,,,!!!! I'm interested to hear what you have to say!

• Junction-Guy
  • Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

I agree with you, but the fear of losing families and friends is a very powerful and real fear with this cult.

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

Im with you dawg.

Some of my fam dont have anything to do with me some do. When I da'd I didnt know what the out come would be and frankly it didnt matter. Family is made. Friends are made. I made new friends and family.

It really isnt bad Im happy and heathy. Fear of the unknown is a dumb reason not to do anything. Jump off! Take the dive! Take your life back! You only get one! Dont waste it on people who dont love you! The water is fine!

out

• DJK
    DJK

I stand firm at being an Atheist. If all the JWs in the world stood around me to convince me to believe in God, they would be wasting their time as well as mine. My point is, I have my beliefs(or lack of) and no matter what truths you throw at me, I will not change my mind. So it is for the JW. Until he/she developes their own doubt's, they can't be penetrated with the truth's we are aware of.

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC
    no matter what truths you throw at me, I will not change my mind.

LOL!

Rather closed minded wouldnt you say? I guess atheism can be a fundi religion too huh

• helncon
    helncon

I agree with junction guy,

Its the fear of loosing your family and friends that you may have made in the many years you have been in as you have shunned all the "worldy' friends.

I have made great new friends and they 'adopted' us into their family so its great at the holiday times when the rest of your own family don't want anything to do with you.

Sometimes i just want to shake the rest of my family and tell them the real truth but i guess they have to work it out themselves

Helen

• Creeper
    Creeper

I agree with dog, that there is a chance of getting through. The irony here is that many of us are not realizing that their strength is because of numbers. The very idea that dog is presenting that many are turning down is the exact concept that the WT uses to keep it's prey in check.

We could form a group of radical tyrants that kidnaps unsuspecting relatives and friends still trapped, and chock it up to a Robin Hood style of insurgency. We could call ourselves the freedom fighters or something. Although that title has always seemed a bit oxymoronic to me.

Seriously though, dawg has a point on this matter, and it is so ironically baffling that we are all missing the mark.

• Dawn
    Dawn

I have decided that if I expect my family to accept me just as I am - then I, in turn, must accept them just as they are. I don't try to convince them that their beliefs are wrong - I just love them the way they are.

But I do demand respect from them and do not play along with their shunning games any longer. Unfortunately, I think you can only do that once you are prepared to loose your family. I have lost my brothers - they don't talk to me. But I kept my Mom, who I now have a good relationship with where religion is not an issue.

It's a risk that one takes when they can no longer accept the "status quo"

• sspo
    sspo
    at least we may disrupt the work.

The more you fight them the more stubborn they become, it's the persecution complex and it strenghten their faith

when you rise against them.

Governments have tried, and they multiply.

It will take many decades, old ones will die off, young ones will learn from the internet the Wat. history and leave and of course there is

hardly any new ones coming from the field. Eventually it will die off as many religions of the past.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit