Is the UN 'scandal' the big one ?

by Simon 31 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• You Know
    You Know

There probably won't be one big stumbling block, but rather numerous little ones that eventually have a cumulative effect. Having said that, going forward, likely the largest stumbling block that will present itself will be when the system blows in a way that Jehovah's Witnesses have not anticipated. That will be a very difficult thing for the Watchtower to deal with, particularly since the financial system will at some point blow out. That will present a scenario whereby it may not be possible for the Watchtower to even carry on their publishing operations in the way that they have been accustomed up to now. Jesus of course foretold that before the end would come that many would be stumbled and that many would betray one another and hate one another.

Obviously that development from within God's organization is well under way and will only accelerate and intensify further as we get closer to the end. It was of course in that very context that Jesus said that the one that endured to the end would be saved. Apostate Witnesses are performing an essential Judas-like fuction that fulfills numerous prophetic Psalms. / You Know

• Leander
    Leander

What really irritates me is that if you mention this to a JW they will try to rationalize or come up with some excuse as to why the Society has a relationship with the UN.

But here's the real issue, undoubtedly some people will be stumbled by this and may eventually give up belief in the bible. If this was really God's spirit-led organization would he allow them to cause others to lose their faith and possible lose their loves?

• SixofNine
    SixofNine
    But here's the real issue, undoubtedly some people will be stumbled by this and may eventually give up belief in the bible.

You say that as if it is a bad thing. Why?

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

Just like the Cold War, the WTS will end in a fizzle not a BANG. The Society will exist well past our life time, though it's demize is sure. It will shrink not grow, but there will always be people willing to be led rather than look for themselves.

YERUSALYIM
    "Vanity! It's my favorite sin!"
    [Al Pacino as Satan, in "DEVIL'S ADVOCATE"]

• You Know
    You Know
    If this was really God's spirit-led organization would he allow them to cause others to lose their faith and possible lose their loves?

Do you really know what God's judgments are? I well know that you don't. For a fact, God allows all sorts of things to go on before he acts to correct things. Jesus himself clearly stated that causes for stumbling would exist among his people all the way up until he sends forth his angels to clear out "all things causing stumbling" as well as faithless and apostate individuals from our midst.

Witnesses should take a lesson from the modern history of the Watchtower. Back in the 1914-19 era the exact same scenario unfolded that is now also presenting itself. Back then the anointed that were gathered into association with the Bible Students had numerous false expectations. When Russell unexpectedly died, apostasy erupted at Bethel, and the war dragged on, and prominent Watchtower officials were hauled off to prison, it presented an enormous stumbling block that winnowed out about half of those whose hearts apparently weren't right. The situation now developing, that will no doubt include the tribulation suddenly erupting, will also similarly shake many Witnesses right out of their wits.

The cold, cruel truth, is that each person had better have a strong faith in God and Christ because there really isn't any legitimate excuse for not having an unbreakable faith. Bottom line: Jehovah has prepared his people to take the Devil's best shot. That includes hurdling whatever stumbling blocks the Watchtower may inadvertantly lay before Jehovah's little ones. By the way, there are numerous judgments in the Hebrew texts directed to spiritual Israel where Jehovah rebukes his own sons for setting stumblings blocks before the nations. Clearly you do not know the word of God or his purpose in connection with his people. / You Know

• LovesDubs
    LovesDubs

You know how the WTS immediately sends out a PR release when they have been caught like this peeing on the neighbors rhododendrons? Well I havent seen one...its gonna be SO interesting to see how they explain this one LOL!! Wake up WTS your SHEEPIES are awaiting an explanation as to your trifling with em!

And they cant say the APOSTATES put their name on that site LOLOL!

Im loving this

• Ranchette
    Ranchette

Luv Dubs,
    Your right this is going to be interesting.
    The WT is between a rock and a hard place on this one.

In any response they will have to try to give an answer to a mixed audience, the rank and file,the public and the UN.
    I'm sure hey would like to make up something for eaach of these but they risk being exposed yet again if they do.They may do this but it will be very dangerous for them.

Ranchette

• biblexaminer
    biblexaminer

I tried out the "UN" info on a loyal "dub" friend today. A test... you know.

Anyway, I said "I found something interesting on the UN web site,... I found out that the WTBTS is an NGO"...

He replied to a startled me "... a Non Governmental Organization"

I said in a surprised fashion "...Oh..you already knew that?"

And he said "I know what an NGO is..."

Then he changed the subject. Very odd.

I think that my "dub" friend might be reading this thread right now.

HI

Anyway, he didn't want to talk about it. Now... he's not a computer person... He just recently got one and is still computer illiterate.

So whazup witt him? Did somebody already tell him? How much does he already know, such that he could rattle off his "non-Governmental Organization" reply?

Why did he change the subject and not bring it up again? He had lot's of opportunity for the next hour & a half till we left.

WAHZZUP???

• joelbear
    joelbear

No,

This news will not be even consequential to people who are emotionally bonded to the Watchtower Society.

I can see it being a difficult subject for them to handle with people door to door, especially as churches deseminate the information to their members.

Joel

• bboyneko
    bboyneko

I am shocked by Simon's post and move that we appeal to simon to ban simon from the board

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit