HELP with baby boy names! Contest!

by Jez 74 Replies latest jw friends

• Jez
    Jez

We are having a boy and can't decide on names. We want something a little different, not in 'the top 10'. It also has to be English or German orgin. Any help would be great and if we choose your name, I will mail you a token of our appreciation!!!

Jez

• Brother Apostate
    Brother Apostate

Keg

Charlemagne

Kaiser

• BlackSwan of Memphis
    BlackSwan of Memphis

Derek - German

Bertram - German

Edwin - German

Emil - German

Leonard - German

Zelig - German

taken from:

http://www.babynameworld.com/german-boy.asp

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

copied and pasted

The boy's name Harlan \ha(r)-lan\ is of Old English origin, and its meaning is "army land". Place name.

Harlan has 6 variant forms: Harland, Harlen, Harlenn, Harlin, Harlyn and Harlynn.

Harlan is a popular male first name and a very popular surname (source: 1990 U.S. Census). Displayed below is the baby name popularity trend for the boy's name Harlan. Click here to compare Harlan with related baby names.

• jelcat8224
    jelcat8224

Boy names are the hardest I think but here are a few boy names I like:

Brett Cole Rafe Barrett

• Tuesday
    Tuesday

How funny, my wife is expecting too and we're having trouble figuring out names. Since ours isn't due until the end of October I just said that we should wait. So far we're thinking Jack Daniel, which struck us as funny but both of us like Jack as a name and a friend of mine died a little while ago named Daniel. His passing had such a profound effect on us something feels right about having Daniel in the name. Plus it's a great story to go with "We named him after his root cause" LOL. While they're both pretty common names, you don't hear a whole lot of Jacks out there and especially no Jack Daniels

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

A boy was born in the back seat of a car at a toll booth. They named him Zack Change.

Ba-dum-dum.

• DJK
    DJK

I like my grandson's name, Dylan.

• metaspy
    metaspy

A couple of my favorite boy names: Tom Grey Lewis

• dust
    dust

A common male name in Norway is Odd. Another one is Even. "Hi, you may very well be Frank, but I am Odd, and my brother is Even." :)

BTW, there are lots of names used by Germans at http://www.kindername.de/ (m = male; w = female).

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit