Gay/Lesbian Symbols

by Crumpet 43 Replies latest jw friends

• Abaddon
    Abaddon

Just as there are gay men and lesbians who are promiscuous and are just interested in physical relationships, so too are there promiscuous hetereosexuals.

There are also men who want a secure loving relationship with another man, who they like having sex with, and lesbians who wants the same sort of relationship with a woman. Just like straight people who want a secure relationship with the opposite sex.

I've known gay people who have been in relationships decades long, lesbians who go through a wild phase of discovery before settling down on the opposite side of the world with their girlfriend... and straight people who've done the same WooHoo! thang and settled down with someone of the opposite sex.

The biggest mistake you can make is to think homosexuality is all about sex. It is no more all about sex than heterosexuality. Yeah, there's mad sex clubs for gay guys, lesbian pick-up bars... but as straight people have the same sort of things all it does is show that gay people are just like straight people apart from the liking people with the same naughty bits.

Just as there are straight people who talk about their sex lives (I'm sure some straight friends of yours talk about their sex lives jaguar), so too there are gay people who do that - and loads who don't.

Hell, I'm sure some people you know go home to someone of the same sex and you don't know.

The symbols thing makes me think of clothing styles. A friend of mine was refused entry to a lesbian bar once as she was wearing a pretty cotton summer dress. Apparently in some clubs, all lesbians are equal, but the ones in combats, army boots, crew-cut T-shirts with wallets on chains and short hair are more equal than others.

• Crumpet
    Crumpet
    You seem to be able to pick a provacative topic then get a little alarmed when one responds.

You see that is where we differ. I don't think homosexuality is provocative and it just isn't where I come from. I am not alarmed when anyone responds. I would exercise caution when the response itself is provocative.

I accept that Italian is accepted as the vernacular form of language in your "culture" though.

You responded possibly to the wrong question. I asked for information on symbols. You replied giving information on lewd hand "signals". It may be perfectly acceptable in the primitive reaches of your part of the world to approach somebody and grab the genital area. I would say this is probably a very good way of determining sexual orientation. Its quick and effective.

However its not really the kind of information I was looking for. Of course I could just wander up to people in the street and grab them as you say. I daresay I would get arrested before I managed it very far down that street and then in jail I could probably get lots more information at her majesty's pleasure. LOL!

BFD - my sympathies. Hopefully our metrosexual friend in Florida will have more insightful gems on the social niceities of making friends and more than friends and making introductions into the gay and lesbian scene.

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

Does anyone know of any other gay and lesbian symbols or signs?

The beauty of being able to recall post. To me in English a sign is a signal and a symbol is a sign.

symbol= something used for or regarded as representing something else; a material object representing something, often something immaterial; emblem, token, or sign

sign=a conventional or arbitrary mark, figure, or symbol used as an abbreviation for the word or words it represents.

• Gerard
    Gerard
    I once heard about gay guys having a handkerchief sticking out their rear trouserpants denims pocket to show they were both gay and available, but I think that may have been a west coast thing.

I've seen that in Mexico, USA and Canada.

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

I have already elaborated on what I meant by symbols. Honestly why are you even bothering to waste anyone's time when you hasve nothing useful to contribute.

You could have just said that you were offended when someone lewdly interacted with you physically - not that it would have answered my question but it would have been an acceptable remark. I would have sympathised with you.

Instead you are taking out your hurt and upset over this incident by trying to goad on this thread. Luckily I and most of the others here are fairly indulgent and can have compassion for you over this incident which clearly has left you very angry and disturbed. I apologise for ridiculing you, because in a sense that makes me just as guilty.

If you disagree with this assessment ask yourself why you would respond to the question the way you did if it was not deliberately intended to provoke. The question itself would only be provocative to someone inately homophobic. Your answer really wasnt helpful. Do you think if someone of the same sex did start groping me I'd need you to translate this to me as them being lesbionic? I may be a little slow when passes are made, but not completely an ingenue.

• Gerard
    Gerard
    How do you know without talking or being in a gay bar?

Exactly. One of my most memorable moments was when I did a stopover in Toronto. I took a room at ground level of a downtown hotel. Right below me was a disco/bar with the anoying BOOM-BOOM sound shaking everything in my room. I asked the manager at what time the bar closed and that gave me about 3 more hours of noise. I was very tired but decided to go downstairs for a drink instead of bitching about it.

I got a drink at the bar and walked to the oposite end of the packed room. Weird feeling....Took me a couple of minutes to identify the weird feeling: there were no women in sight. I was in a GAY bar. I immediately was hoping there were no reporters taking photos to be published.

I left the place hoping I don't offend anybody in my shocked state but I took another look at the crowd. 95% were quite normal looking, without cliches or manerisms. I always thought of stereotypes. My gay-o-meter had never worked.

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

I.

When I post I dont read all the other post. I look at the topic and respond. Then if I have time I go back and see what othes said. I realize some may go down the post and interact. I dont do that. As far as I can tell that is my perogative. So I dont know if you elaborated on what symbols and signs meant to you. I just go by my understanding of English in the initial topic.

I dont get the part about wasting anyones time. Many have been hanging out in Kingdom halls burning daylight in times more recent than mine. JW's are not time sensative, theyre going to live forever.Or you were going to live forever until you joined the dark side. And the very nature of posting on this board is an activity of someone wasting time. 90 % of what goes on this board is an enjoyable waste of time.

But whats wrong with wasting time, its all we have. This board is enjoyable like watching tv. But everything you do in this life is wasting time.

You could choose not to spend your time responding to my post if you are the least bit sincere, But I think you are the kind that likes to get the last word in and I got a few hours before I have to go to work.

If you had a chain would I be yanking it?

Do you think your initial post was a useful contribution?

To what and why.

Wouldnt it be more expediant to google your questions.

Do you have google in England?

You could have just said that you were offended when someone lewdly interacted with you physically - not that it would have answered my question but it would have been an acceptable remark. I would have sympathised with you.

Instead you are taking out your hurt and upset over this incident by trying to goad on this thread. Luckily I and most of the others here are fairly indulgent and can have compassion for you over this incident which clearly has left you very angry and disturbed. I apologise for ridiculing you, because in a sense that makes me just as guilty

I have no clue to what you mean or are talking about here. If you disagree with this assessment ask yourself why you would respond to the question the way you did if it was not deliberately intended to provoke. The question itself would only be provocative to someone inately homophobic. Your answer really wasnt helpful. Do you think if someone of the same sex did start groping me I'd need you to translate this to me as them being lesbionic? I may be a little slow when passes are made, but not completely an ingenue point one: why are you taking this so personal? I am just responding to a topic. Then I move on. I didnt say I wasnt trying to provoke, that's kind of the purpose of a discussion board. If you cold not provoke the next person into a verbal exchange you might as well look out the window and watch the grass grow. I say I am not trying to provoke anyone to hate or violence. If I said anything vulgar, I wold say to many the entire topic of gay is vulgar. I dont think I'm homophobic. I live and work with them and get along fine. I go back to you were asking for signs and I gave you a couple of blatant signs. Obviously they rattled your cage. I would guess you enjoyed it because you keep coming back. I hope I havent upset or offended you. I have enjoyed this interaction with you. Have a beautiful, I dont know what it is there in England, here in Florida its, evening. 80 balmy degrees.

• BFD
    BFD
    If I said anything vulgar, I wold say to many the entire topic of gay is vulgar. I dont think I'm homophobic

Think again.

BFD

• BFD
    BFD
    BFD - my sympathies.

Crumpet, thanks. But it's by choice. It can be difficult at times. The point is, I will always be gay even if I remain celibate. So, homosexuality is about much more than sex contrary to what others may think.

BFD

• hambeak
    hambeak

Hey a gay guy here

A hankie in the rear pocket left or right means top or bottom and what you like by the color. Rings really don't mean anything anymore as do earrings

Hankies are so far in the past gaydar works everytime. I think women are more alert about gay guys than men.

Also wearing a set of keys on the left or right hip means something

Sick isn't it?

Why advertise.

Let people be people so there.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit