Gay/Lesbian Symbols

by Crumpet 43 Replies latest jw friends

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

Lol at Tij!

Where are all the gay ex Jws - surely they can give us proper info on this all important matter?

• Abaddon
  • Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

To answer your question Crumpet, I believe that most gay ex jw's dont post here. I have talked online with several gay XJW's over the years, and something I seemed to pick up from that is that the gay XJW's actually seem somewhat favorable to the JW cult, even if they dont believe in it. Some of the most staunch defenders of the so called "truth" are gay XJW's. One gay XJW on another board, not even JW, really got snippy with me and put me on ignore even though I never said anything personal to him. The gay XJW's that I have talked with seem to think that "Oh well, it may not be the truth, but I certainly wont say anything against it"

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

Thats an interesting observation you have made Junction Guy - so only open minded gay ex JWs come here mainly then?

Abbadon - I love your colour code guide - I am digging out my robins egg blue hanky as we speak!

• InquiryMan
    InquiryMan

I must be somewhat shizophrenic, I guess... Am gay, former elder, shunned by family, left the organization due to teachings/organizational flaws, yet at times defend the witnesses but not the organization... I make a distinctin of JWs and the Watchtower. I guess three decades of witness-life cannot be erased, and that is not desirable either. Have learnt many good qualities: being able to stand up for what you are even though the majority don t endorse it. However, it is much easier to be a gay man, than a JW man. You´re much more integrated culturally eventhough you at times feel being in a marginal group.

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

open minded, not sure if that is the correct expression. I havent figured this out yet, but most gay XJW's are just too tolerant of the WT Cult. I have been online for almost 10 years now, and I have chatted with various people of different backgrounds and lifestyles.

• ButtLight
    ButtLight

Well, I just asked my sis..... who is gay. She said alot of woman do wear the pinky ring. Also alot wear the big cuff earing on their right ear, or have just the right ear pierced many times.

I asked her why she didnt tell me that before I pierced my right ear six times, and one on the left!

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

Is your sis looking for a girlfriend butt? ;-)

I have worn a ring on my right pinkie for the last 14 years so that would explain why I ocassionally get hit on then!

• Xena
    Xena
    Also what is it about me that makes other women think I might be gay or bisexual when I have never hinted at it?

Probably because you are like me and flirt with anyone w/in range.

• littlerockguy
    littlerockguy
    However, it is much easier to be a gay man, than a JW man. You´re much more integrated culturally eventhough you at times feel being in a marginal group.

That is not always the case at all. It depends on where you live as to whether it is easier to be gay than to be a JW. I can tell you that is not the case if you live in a southern rural bible belt area; it is not easier to be a gay man; not only are you rejected by the WTS but you are also discriminated against by many people religious people and nonreligious people as well as state and local governments who try to legislate bigotry. In some predominately religious areas JWs are at least respected, but gays are not respected. They are just tolerated or treated with a certain level "civility" at best.

LRG

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit