Is Fading a DF Offense?

by besty 31 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• juni
    juni

That was really a nice post Mr/Ms. Flipper to SweetPea and husband. Should be very helpful.

Juni

• kierkegaard
    kierkegaard

Fading can be a good thing. If we find that a spriritual path is not correct for us we may seek others. Remember that no one religion is the "right" religion. All religion is run by imperfect humans, albeit to varying degrees of imperfect. Consequently, Hathaway's comment contradicts his christian beliefs. Faith without works is dead...true. Yet God does not dwell in temples. That in mind one can still be a christian, jew, muslim, buddhist, etc... wherever they are. Doing goods works is not exclusive to organization sanctioned "good works." God does not dismiss good works because of religious formatting.

• sspo
    sspo

Have the secretary send the cards to a nearby congr. attend one or 2 meetings and then disappear.

It might be easier since new cong. don't know you they might leave you alone.

If they come after you, follow the suggestions above.

• Wild_Thing
    Wild_Thing

After I faded completely, the elders would come to my door and I wouldn't answer. Then, they cornered me at my sister's baby shower and asked if I would meet with them. I told them "I'm not interested." He said, "Are you sure?" I confirmed and he asked why not. I said, "I'm just not interested" I didn't deviate too much from that phrase no matter what he asked me. He would ask me pretty loaded questions that could've gotten me in trouble, so I said, "You know, I'm just not interested in discussing this with you."

It shut him up, and felt pretty good to use the conversation closer on them that they try so hard to overcome at the doors!

Also, it has been years now, and they have yet to make any kind of announcement about me.

• Fred E Hathaway
    Fred E Hathaway

Fading can easily be a Markable offence. After all, Hebrews 10:25 gives the injunction not to forsake the gathering of ourselves as some have the custom, but to encourage one another, and all the more so as YOU behold the day drawing near. Our customs show our allegiances.

• Fred E Hathaway
    Fred E Hathaway

Not all deaths are announced. Nor are all restrictions/discipline or other actions. But should you ever want to come back, you'd have to deal with all the questions you said you weren't interested in discussing. That's a tough barrier to put between yourself and Jehovah, since the elders represent Christ's belongings in the congregation territory.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut
    But should you ever want to come back

FredE, I would be LOL, but that's just sad. Once a person reaches a certain realization, there's no going back.
    I don't worry about burning bridges as far as relations with elders or their questions go.

Fading can easily be a Markable offence.

True and False. No instructions say to mark a "weak" person who misses their meetings and remains
    spiritually quiet. They are not to mark someone unless they advocate activity or thinking that is disapproved
    by WTS. I might look up "marking" tomorrow, unable to do so now.
    This doesn't stop the elders from saying the person has contact with some dubs (even if it's one family member
    or one friend) and says some negative things about the WTS or the congregation. They might mark a person on
    trumped up charges.
    Certainly, the rank and file, including family members, may volunteer to shun somebody, thus marking them. This
    happens often. This is the ideal situation for WTS, because they never did have to take actions. I think my mother
    will not obey an order to shun me, nor will she voluntarily mark me. I could be wrong. As for the rest of the dubs,
    I look forward to being marked and avoided.

By the rules, family and friends do not have to shun a marked person. They just have to be careful about their
    association. That can mean different things to different people, but generally, they can eat with, golf with, attend
    functions with- a marked person.

• Wild_Thing
    Wild_Thing

Fred E Hathaway said:

Not all deaths are announced. Nor are all restrictions/discipline or other actions. But should you ever want to come back, you'd have to deal with all the questions you said you weren't interested in discussing. That's a tough barrier to put between yourself and Jehovah, since the elders represent Christ's belongings in the congregation territory.

There is a lot of ignorance, arrogance, and judgmentalism in your misguided response. I would counter them, but I'm not interested in discussing it with you!

• willyloman
    willyloman
    That's a tough barrier to put between yourself and Jehovah...

The barrier that's been erected between spiritually-minded individuals and "Jehovah" (by which I assume you mean one's higher power) was put there by the WTBTS. You may come to see that someday, if God decides to open your eyes.

• done4good
    done4good

I can only speak of my own experience, but I would concur with most here. In 15 solid months of fading I only received 2 calls, at about the 6 month mark. I screened them and avoided them. They went away, never to be heard from again.

j

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit