Freedom

by sweet pea 26 Replies latest jw experiences

• unique1
    unique1

WELCOME Sweat Pea, LoveBug and HelenRose!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It amazes me how one newbie thread brings forth more.

Congratulations on your new found freedom. I wish you well with your friends. I haven't been as lucky. I tried getting one of my friends out and she turned a deaf ear. She does not shun me to the extent she still loves me and emails me but due to her hubby we can no longer see each other. If you choose to go the route of conversion, then be prepared for the consequences. It could go well or not.

• BR25
    BR25

When I first came on here I used to say half way educated stuff, but now I use alot of sarcasim like everyone else.

• ex-nj-jw
    ex-nj-jw

Oh, ok. I thought you were one of those JW lurkers who post here, but still believe the lie.

They should be reported to the elders and grounded .

• BR25
    BR25

Well I do back the jws, but I havent went in over 5-9 yrs or so. I just dont understand some things so I turn to sarcasm. I have to really because noone will ever agree with me anyways.

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

I just LOVE newbies.

Best advise: Take a little bit to let your head quit spinning. Then realise that although there are choices - they aren't many, as far as the ongoing relationship with the Jw's go. The further you get untangled from the Jw mentality, the more that will likely become apparent.

A successful fade is an option of course - but in the end, you will likely find no common ground with them any longer anyway. Afterall, dubs rarely have anything to talk about outside of the dreamscape mentality that is the Watchtower. If you have significant family inside, then, as mentioned, the fade may allow you to at least maintain family relationships. It is not like leaving the local church on the corner - these folks most likely will view you with suspicion or hatred, just for daring to leave. The fellowship with Jw's is always about being Jw's, not about worshipping God, unfortunately.

I considered fading - since I had 40 years worth of friendships inside - but it did not take long to see that I could not keep my mouth shut and try and free some others. It didn't work. They stayed in - I DA'd in time. Now I know that I have nothing in common anyway with them.

Welcome. One suggestion; if you haven't done it already - read Ray Franz' book, In Search of Christian Freedom. His style and grace aided me greatly as I made my exit.

Jeff

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Welcome. One suggestion; if you haven't done it already - read Ray Franz' book, In Search of Christian Freedom.
    His style and grace aided me greatly as I made my exit.

Ditto to everything AK-Jeff said, but read his first book first (in my opinion). That would be Crisis of Conscience. It gets you to
    the point a bit faster, more direct. You need a running start before tackling the second book.

• Carmel
    Carmel

Mendel would be proud of you sweetie! carmel

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit