Did God ever Exist?

by found-my-way 61 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Quentin
    Quentin

Did God ever exist?

Why don't you ask Him? It is the only source that you can get an accurate answer from.

I did...know what he told me?..."I'm here, your there. Do the best you can with what you've got."

So, I do the best I can with what I've got. My family loves me, my friends love me and God loves me. That's about the best I can do. Oh yeah, I don't presume to tell others how to live, or what God thinks.

• Anti-Christ
    Anti-Christ
    On our very best day, our good is as filthy rags to God. Why? It's because of the sin principle not because of the good acts. It includes our motives and our desire to self exalt, and to hold up snipets of good as if it can redeem or wash away the bad that we practice. There are many layers of it, and it is deceptive by nature. Our good acts do deliver temporary relief and does have value. It is the wrong direction for identity though, because the basic design of the man/woman is one of being and not one of doing.

So you are saying that we are responsible for our sinfull nature?

The beginning of wisdom is the fear of the Lord

1JN 4:18 There is no fear in love. Perfect love drives out fear.

Not because God wants it for some arbitrary reason. It is because it is required as a comunique between our two species. For example, think of children that cannot be given a sharp knife despite their protests. They must take it on faith that we know better as adults because of our "infinite" more experience.... even though they can clearly see it as a superior tool than their toys. If they disobey, they will get punished. But things run much smoother if they take it on faith.

Now I thought we are not the children of god?

NU 31:17-18 Moses, following the Lord's command, orders the Israelites to kill all the Midianite male children and "... every woman who has known man ...." (Note: How would it be determined which women had known men? One can only speculate.)NU 31:31-40 32,000 virgins are taken by the Israelites as booty.

DT 21:10-13 With the Lord's approval, the Israelites are allowed to take "beautiful women" from the enemy camp to be their captive wives. If, after sexual relations, the husband has "no delight" in his wife, he can simply let her go.

NU 15:32-36 A Sabbath breaker (who had gathered sticks for a fire) is stoned to death at the Lord's command.

There are some things here that can tell us definitely where the answer cannot be found. The primary source that this answer cannot be found is from ourselves. As a finite sinner, a liar, etc. it is impossible to judge the Lord either experientially or morally. Experientially, because his experience is infinitely different than ours, and morally because of the sin principle. This is why faith is absolutely essential

I'm sorry but I don't see this in the bible and that's only a few examples, so if I'm judging it's the god of the bible that I'm judging.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit