Did God ever Exist?

by found-my-way 61 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Handsome Dan
    Handsome Dan

Gods were created on the basis of human ignorance and imagination as it was thousands of years ago as it is today, over the centuries we've slowly and painfully gained knowledge

of the world around us through discoveries and scientific conclusions. The door of this knowledge has just begun to open, look how far and how much we've gained in just the last century

alone. I personally cherish the wisdom of the truth of knowledge and dealing with the reality of life as it presents itself, good or bad.. If anyone thinks that human ignorance was not prevalent

thousands of years ago, one really needs to do some in-deft history reading or read the bible, Torah, or any ancient religious manuscripts to prove my point. The biggest difference

that one could say between the two ideologies is one brings power, control and money and the other does absolutely nothing. Mysticism is imagination supported by ignorance in the human

mind, this separates itself from reality and conclusion. Perhaps if men were to finally walk away from their gods and walk toward humanity together we would be better off, I think so.

• Anti-Christ
    Anti-Christ

Hi Perry, what is sin? Do not bother using the bible to explain, I do not believe in the bible.

• Anti-Christ
    Anti-Christ
    The biggest difference

that one could say between the two ideologies is one brings power, control and money and the other does absolutely nothing. Mysticism is imagination supported by ignorance in the human

mind, this separates itself from reality and conclusion. Perhaps if men were to finally walk away from their gods and walk toward humanity together we would be better off, I think so.

Wow!! I could not have said it any better.

• funkyderek
    funkyderek

Anti-Christ:

Hi Perry, what is sin? Do not bother using the bible to explain, I do not believe in the bible.

Without the bible (or other "holy book"), sin is meaningless. It's a little bit like our concept of injustice, but unlike a real injustice it doesn't have to have a victim. Activities that involve and affect only informed consenting adults can never be considered injustices, but they can be considered sins. Depending on a person's interpretation of their particular holy book, these "sins" can be such trivialities as wearing the "wrong" clothes, eating the "wrong" foods or loving the "wrong" person, or, unbelievably, just being born, any of which can apparently cause the creator of the entire universe such paroxysms of rage that he may decide to torture the unfortunate "sinner" for eternity with no hope of reprieve.

The idea of sin is a pernicious, morally bankrupt doctrine and should be rejected out of hand by all intelligent, civilised people.

• Fred E Hathaway
    Fred E Hathaway

If there is anyone with power over someone, there is a god. It's as simple as that. So, I say yes, many gods exist. If the Bible and the many books referring to it and which can be likened to the Bible are accurate, then there is also a God (Powerful One) that determines the validity of all others with power (the rest of us, and those we give power to).

• Anti-Christ
    Anti-Christ
    Without the bible (or other "holy book"), sin is meaningless. It's a little bit like our concept of injustice, but unlike a real injustice it doesn't have to have a victim. Activities that involve and affect only informed consenting adults can never be considered injustices, but they can be considered sins. Depending on a person's interpretation of their particular holy book

Yes, I know and that's my point but I wanted to see if perry understood that. He often uses the "sin" factor as an argument.

• Fred E Hathaway
    Fred E Hathaway

Perry loves to parry sometimes. But how can he do this if the rules demand that he fight without his Sword? How will he parry then?

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

The idea of sin is a pernicious, morally bankrupt doctrine and should be rejected out of hand by all intelligent, civilised people.

Amen Funky D!

Nvr

• Perry
    Perry
    If God is up there, why does he permit suffering? If I were God, I wouldn't of let it happen in the first place, these are my children, why would I let them suffer?

Just to refresh everyone's memory...(Perry clears the smoke filled invective from the room with a wave and taps the bar for all the atheists to 'simmer down now') The above questions and statement was proffered in the second sentence of the original post.

"Found My Way" (FMW) charges God as being inferior to herself. Additionally, she charges that all humans suffering on earth are God's children.

I publically (and globally I might add) leveled serious charges against her aimed at falsifying her implications that she knows better than God, and whether the suffering children she refers to are in fact God's children.

Among these charges are lying, theft, and lust at someone other than her husband. She proclaims that she is not a liar. I propose a professional lie detector test. Clearly she should be interested in clearing her good name if innocent. Her husband will no doubt be interested as well. If successful she could be the first person in two thousand years to be proclaimed not a liar. Should she refuse to take the test, I will add the label COWARD to the growing list of character faults.

FMW, please keep in mind that you are the one who opened this up with your charges against God. If you are found guilty of any of these charges against you, then it will prove that you are completely incapable of judging God. How can a liar choose what's best for others?

In re-reading your reponses it occurred to me that you took all this very peronally, and that your feelings were hurt. Good. You may consider this a dry run for Judgement Day when "books" will be opened and nothing will be hidden and you will be forced to give an answer for everything wrong you ever said or did. Imagine your embarrasment when reels of "film" are played showing in detail your secret crimes.

Of course, this is not Judgement Day. It is still the "acceptable year". The "release of captives" is still open to all. People who accept God's Full Pardon are spared the humiliation of Judgement Day and "are not judged at all" - Give Him Praise!

• Terry
    Terry

Perry, tell us about your baptism of the Holy Spirit, please.

Where were you and how did it come about?

Most folks here are only dimly aware of these sorts of experiences when we watch Trinity Broadcast Network.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit