IN YOUR OPINION...

by LittleToe 44 Replies latest jw friends

• BrentR
    BrentR

I am pretty much tired of the global warming threads. It has been beat to death many times over so I skip them. I do not even bother looking at the politics thread anymore.

Any thread that unites and empowers us can never be too lengthy. Those are the ones that probably enlightens the active JW lurkers the most.

• Abandoned
    Abandoned

Those of a social nature that don't focus on one or just a handful of people seem to go the longest.

• restrangled
    restrangled

I love political threads, and anyone who writes about their life experiences as a witness....those I find fascinating. Also any new info from the WTBTS.

I notice that if you post something very controversial, whether the poster believes it or not seems to get more than the usual responses.

In the fluff area, I love any cooking, music, pet, gardening and picture threads... or just general happy stuff. I also always watch for Blondie's weekly review of the latest Watchtower.

• Fred E Hathaway
    Fred E Hathaway

some of the word games go on for a while, and the threads with ask in them.

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

Threads in which the originator keeps the conversation alive.

alt

• exwitless
    exwitless

I love humorous threads. I'll never forget when LDB and I lurked on this site for a few weeks before we joined...There was the thread about making your own Watchtower cover spoofs. I laughed so hard, tears were rolling down my face. We really needed that laugh at the time. I still enjoy the laughs from this board.

I also enjoy medical-related topics (that's the nurse in me.)

I hate to join a topic that's more than about 3 pages long if it's a deep discussion (ie evolution vs. creation, atheism vs christianity, etc.). I'm afraid if I didn't read every single post very carefully before I join the discussion, I'll get trampled on for misunderstanding, misconstruing, and so on.

Most topics that start out VERY long and drawn out are not likely to get my attention. (Does this mean I have a short attention span? )

• juni
    juni

Love the Fluff threads, pictures, experiences, people talking about their country.

Most of the time I steer clear of the political threads and the evolution stuff. And that renga poetry that I never could get the hang of. Wink, wink Little Toe!!

Actually I must be pretty shallow. I don't care to think too hard most of the time. Not that I'm dumb, it just doesn't matter to me to type about it. If I'm with someone face to face - now that is different.

RAF's music thread also lasted a long time.

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

Which threads attract the most interest?

Anything to do with the penis and vagina.

Anything at all. If they are available, pierced, tatooed, or seldom used apart from solitary gropings in front of a steamed up screen, so much the better.

Even Minimus cannot top these types of threads.

HS

• RichieRich
    RichieRich

I love HS.

I like the fluffy stuff. The anti Bush stuff kills me, and so does the deep debate stuff.

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

not sure what threads last the longest - I notice the bible doctrine ones have the longest posts which is a different thing. All that debate about stuff that doesn't matter = I skip those, and I'm tired of threads about the memorial, thank goodness that is all over. Otherwise, most are pretty interesting and there are some very intelligent and well-read folks on this forum.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit