IN YOUR OPINION...

by LittleToe 44 Replies latest jw friends

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

...What kind of thread topic produces the longest threads?

What interests you, and are you put off once the thread reaches ten pages??

LT, of the "starting a Minimus-style thread" class

• JH
    JH

Minimus type questions

What interests you, and are you put off once the thread reaches ten pages??

When an opening post is too long, I just don't read it.

Topics that concern me interst me.

• Little Drummer Boy
    Little Drummer Boy

Hmmm...

1) Creation/evolution

2) Thread killer threads

3) Merry becomes a Muslim (that was a good thread)

Page count doesn't get in my way!

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

I never understood what those "Vincent" threads were about...those went on for god knows how many pages...

I don't come here steadily through the day, so a lot of times when I do sign on there's threads that have already gone on 5 or 6 pages that weren't even started the last time I was on. Usually I'm reluctant to jump in when it's reached that point.

• Stealth453
    Stealth453

It seems to me that tattoo and post your pic threads do quite well.

The length doesn't put me off.

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist

Flirting/crush threads always do well!

Dave

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Dave:
    Are you hitting on me?

• Seeker4
    Seeker4

Intelligent threads interest me. Provocative ideas, people with really ignorant points of view arguing their ideas (wait - they couldn't possibly be pushing my buttons, could they???), evolution/creation, JW defenders (ah, I'm sure they're not pushing my buttons...), global warming, 9/11 conspirators (I KNOW they aren't pushing my buttons!!!), threads that deal with prominent JWs I know, and any thread that I start are sure fire hits.

I know Minimus, and I love his crazy threads, and respond to many of them.

Oh yeah, I'm a sucker for some of the sex threads.

And the photo threads.

Remember when threads...

Gun threads, hunting threads...oh god...

S4

• Blueblades
    Blueblades

Hi LT! The topics concerning, So - called "New Light," Blood, what you can and can't take. Child abuse issues. Personal experiences that some have shared. The question of God, Creation, Evolution.The Bible, Jesus. Death and afterlife topics. Topics that make one have pause and cause one to think.

I don't always respond, because some have already responded to my way of thinking. I'm not put off when they reach ten pages. I'm interested in what all have to share. Sometimes I will go back into the members directory and read up on the topics posted there.I have enjoyed many of your post topics and responses to what others have posted. It's not just the member, but the topic that makes me want to read such and such a post.

Blueblades

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

It never ceases to amaze me the depth and breadth of experience, knowledge and interests displayed by posters on this site. It is literally a mine of information

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit