Counting Time

by Xena 44 Replies latest jw friends

• Xena
    Xena

I don't know about anyone else but this could be the source of major contention between dubs in my halls. You had those who started their time as soon as you pulled out of the hall parking lot (me), those who counted from the first knock at the door or laundry mat visited, and the die hards who didn't start until they actually spoke to someone(my sister). My sister and I would go round and round about this, I finally just pretended to start my time when she did just to shut her up. And do you count breaks or not? I did.

So what kind of time keeper were you?

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

I started when i got to the KH. just if your at work, until I got back to the KH

• Xena
    Xena

Wow you counted the meeting for service and everything? I am impressed!

• purplesofa
    purplesofa
    Wow you counted the meeting for service and everything? I am impressed!

yes i did........and i made great use of my time out in service.......not out as much as everyone else but tried very hard to be effective.

• mavie
    mavie

I counted from the time I got to the KH as well. I counted breaks. I stopped when I left the KH. I didn't do the pioneer shuffle, instead I tried to work hard. I never understood why the official line was to start your time after the first door you take and end it after your last door. C'mon, with groups as large as 8 at times, you might take one door all day.

That rule is another way to make dubs feel guilty. Classic cult.

• JH
    JH
    So what kind of time keeper were you?

Generally I was in the field service from about 9:20 am to 12 noon, and we all took breaks, usually from 10:30 to 11:00am, but I still maked 3 hours for field service. I never started ahead of time to accumulate more hours. I found that hypocrite.

Jesus didn't have a watch, and he didn't count his time, so I didn't really care if my time was accurate or not.

• Jringe01
    Jringe01

Depends. Since we had a territory almost the size of Rhode Island if we were goin out to the boonies I would wait but if it was in town then I started as soon as we left the hall

• What-A-Coincidence
    What-A-Coincidence

keeping time always got to me...sometimes i felt guitly for rounding off to nearest hour ...i mean it wasn't truthful...anyway .. glad they back this up with scriputre...bastards.

• Xena
    Xena

I only felt guilty when prodded by the occasional talk otherwise I was fine fudging my hours.

My sister used to make us all coordinate watches to make sure we all started at the same time.

We are very different, can you tell?

• bigmouth
    bigmouth

From knocking on the first door until getting back in the car after the last.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit