This atheist wishes the Xtians a happy Easter

by Little Drummer Boy 13 Replies latest jw friends

• Little Drummer Boy
    Little Drummer Boy

Just want to say that I hope all the Christians here have a nice Easter Sunday tomorrow.

A time for reflection and appreciation and so forth (I'm feeling especially clumsy with words today, but you know what I mean).

We won't be going to church, but I wish you the best!

Peace and love everbody.

LDB

• jgnat
    jgnat

Why, thank you! I'll be wearing my new dress. Contrary to rampant rumors, there will be no easter bunnies or eggs tucked away in the pews.

• Undecided
    Undecided

I'll be going tomorrow to please my wife and daughter but the more I hear the preacher the more I see so many contridictions in scripture and doctrines of the churches(Both bible and doctrines don't add up to reality) I guess it does give some type of hope to the elderly ones there. He uses Jehovah alot in his preaching, contrary to what JWs think they do.

Ken P.

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

Dont encourage them, little drummer boy. It's like feeding the bears or aligators.

• jgnat
    jgnat

Enjoy yourself, undecided. I, too, can't help picking apart sermons for false reasoning and inconsistencies. Thanks, JWD!

• Little Drummer Boy
    Little Drummer Boy
    Dont encourage them, little drummer boy. It's like feeding the bears or aligators.

Lol I guess I'm trying to extend the olive branch on one of the Christians most important weekends. Sometimes things get pretty heated in our discussions, and I feel that we need to reaffirm that, no matter what our path in life, we have been effected by a cult, and we need each other. LDB

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist

Funny you should mention this; I sent a text message to a Christian friend of mine this monrning. It just said "Happy Easter!". As it happens, she was just walking into church when she got it. So of all of the people she knows, it was an atheist that said "Happy Easter" first! :-) We both got a laugh out of it.

I pointed out, though, that it's not all good news. Yes, Jesus arose. But.... he saw his shadow, so we're in for 6 more weeks of winter. (She laughed, good sport that she is!)

Dave

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

Trev and I are atheists , but we have a Baptist with us at the moment, and she thanks you for your good wishes LDB.

• greendawn
    greendawn

Thanks LDB thanks, this is the most important date in the Christian calender as it reminds us of rejuvenation and abundant life.

• Sad emo
    Sad emo

Thanks LDB, I hope that you're enjoying today too

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit