This atheist wishes the Xtians a happy Easter

by Little Drummer Boy 13 Replies latest jw friends

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Thanks pal. I don't celebrate one day over another, like that, but the thought genuinely counts

• Rabbit
    Rabbit

This agnostic did the same today, it didn't hurt at all !

We need 2 more holidays:

Atheist: I know there ain't no Super-Natural(s) Day

Agnostic: Can't Prove/Disprove a Super-Natural(s) Day

• Little Drummer Boy
    Little Drummer Boy

LOL at Rabbit.

I had an experience this week that I think I'll share here. Friday, at work (my college), a student mentioned that he was going to his Catholic church for the Good Friday services that night. He asked if I had I ever been to a Catholic church. I told him only for a wedding once, so he invited me along. I declined, but he was persistant (in a good way) and offered that I would enjoy the Sunday service and invited me to come along for Easter today. I hadn't been on the receiving end of a religious invite for a very long time. Although I declined his offer, I was touched by his sincerity and happiness. This didn't have the creepy feel of the dubs.

I don't know what I'm trying to get across here in this little tale, but I suppose this experience was the reason I started this thread. I guess (and hope?) I'm mellowing a little toward the religious. I have, at times, taken a very hard line approach against religion since leaving the borg. I have no intention of searching for god again, but I understand - and can respect - why people do. I hope that this will, in some way, enable me to have a more positive relationship with the religious ones here. As I touched on before, our former cult experiences bind us together in a bond that few outsiders could hope to understand. We need each other. Each and every one.

LDB

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

That sounds like a really positive experience, and would seem to show that you're gaining some equilibrium in your views and levels of tolerance towards the variety of opinion that we have on this planet

IMHO its one of the things that demonstrates that an individual is settling into some normality after cult life.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit