Did you see anything Strange at the Memorial- if you went???

by Mad 35 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• under_believer
    under_believer

1) First time in a year the Kingdom Hall has been full. Not packed, not overflowing, just 90% of the seats were occupied. Usually it's 50 to 55% capacity.
    2) The talk hasn't been updated for the new light of the "door to heaven" being opened back up.
    3) Someone guzzled the entirety of one of the glasses of wine. Not talking a sip, here. This sucker was empty. Not sure if there were like 5 or 8 partakers, or one very thirsty partaker.

I wonder if serving alcohol in a place of public meeting violates state liquor control laws.

• found-my-way
    found-my-way

What did you see, Mad?

• crazyblondeb
    crazyblondeb
    I wonder if serving alcohol in a place of public meeting violates state liquor control laws

If someone were under 21, it would........Hmmmmmm.........................

• Virgochik
    Virgochik

Shelley, what a huge scoop! The Queen went to the Memorial this year! Do ya think the elders' wives approved of her outfit?

• TheOldHippie
    TheOldHippie

The speech was updated, better than before, focusing not on who was to partake and who was not to, but on the blessings possible to experience because of Jesus' sacrificial death. Also, the KH was packed, twice the number of publishers and at least 10 % of the attendance had come because of the invitation leaflets. A very nice and upbuilding and inspiring evening.

• Beta Male
    Beta Male

I didnt realize it before, but there were quite a few empty seats at the hall. In a congregation of forty or so in a hall that holds 100 or so, its noticeable.

• yaddayadda
    yaddayadda

Don't you hate it when people start a thread like this and then bugger off to leave everyone in suspense....

• Sasha
    Sasha

WHAT DID MAD SEE??????

• Sasha
    Sasha

Maybe it's grape juice!

• undercover
    undercover
    I wonder if serving alcohol in a place of public meeting violates state liquor control laws.

Then every Catholic church in the state would be in violation.

I think wine for religious ceremonies is protected and exempt from alcohol laws. You're not selling it nor providing complete servings.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit