QUOTE OF THE DAY: IT'S OK TO CRY

by nvrgnbk 26 Replies latest jw friends

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

“Crying doesn’t make me any less of a man,” said the 1-12 commander, Lt. Col. Morris Goins, who tears up as he recounts how one of his soldiers drowned in a canal, trapped in his Bradley fighting vehicle. “To not show emotion, you’re an idiot, or you’re living a pipe dream. If someone were to tell me not to show emotion, I’d hit them in the lip.”

• Blueblades
    Blueblades

How many times does the Bible record tell us that Jesus wept or cried out? Jesus wept over Lazarus. Jesus wept over Jerualem. Jesus cried out when he was dying. David asked Jehovah to put his tears in his skin bottle. How many other men do you know of reported in the scriptures that wept or cried out? I agree that it is ok to cry or weep. Crying is a very intense emotional reaction.

Blueblades

• avidbiblereader
    avidbiblereader

If men were not made to cry we wouldn't have been born with tear ducts, kind of like being born with out a uterus. Very good point, thanks for sharing. Weird the older I get the more emotional I get, not that I am walking around crying all the time but I seem to get more in touch with my surroundings and people. I don't think it is a bad thing.

abr

• What-A-Coincidence
    What-A-Coincidence

Well, I do cry lots at the movies...

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk
    Weird the older I get the more emotional I get, not that I am walking around crying all the time but I seem to get more in touch with my surroundings and people.

Ditto. Some of you on here and your stories have brought me to tears. I hope that doesn't make me a wuss.

• Blueblades
    Blueblades

Nvr. Your not a wuss. From your past post's and responses you don't strike me as a wuss. A wuss is someone who is a person regarded as weak, ineffectual, overly sensitive, a wimp etc. You ever hear about those who are smiling on the outside, but really crying on the inside. They are hiding their true emotions, which is not good to do. It's good to let it all out sometimes. As you know my friend, their are many causes that bring one to tears. And on this forum, as you so noted, the list is very long.Both of these emoticons have been expressed on this forum, some even at the same time. I have laughed and cried at the same time, many times in my life. How about you?

Blueblades

• UnConfused
    UnConfused

Would you guys get a grip? Please. Guys get stuff stuck in their eyes and sometimes it hurts and then we get the stuff out of our eyes and it feels better.

Repeat to each generation.

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk
    I have laughed and cried at the same time, many times in my life. How about you?

Yes sir, I have.

• TinyDancer124
    TinyDancer124

Actually, I was not born with tear ducts. I kind of wish I still didn't have any since I cry too much now.

• EnlightenedMind
    EnlightenedMind

This is an interesting thread. One of the few things that I dislike about being a woman is my inability to control my crying. Most fathers condition their little boys to "suck it up" and hide their emotions. I don't know how this affects men otherwise, but I know that whenever I've had the urge to cry at work, I certainly wish I had whatever mechanism you guys use to shut off the waterworks!! I've cried in front of one of my bosses before, and I absolutely hated that I wasn't able to control it. Of course I've been called a cyborg by one of my exes, so I may just have an unnatural aversion to showing emotion in general...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit