Anybody here ever FASTED before?

by avidbiblereader 39 Replies latest jw friends

• needproof
    needproof

I just can't give up food for any period of time. Seriously, my body cant handle it. Besides, id give up food, but I'm no quiter!

• avidbiblereader
    avidbiblereader

greendawn, I usually do three day or four day periods, but yes I drink just water and then on the last day of my fast, start to incorporate veggies and fruit, I do also my own juicing which is real good. But I could never do what you did. I do it for just the benefits for a couple of days.

abr

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Rarely, but generally I don't discuss my personal devotional practises.

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

I guess it isn't fasting if an ulcer doesn't let you keep anything down. . .I have fasted before for about 3 days, but I like food too much (WAAAYYY too much). I am actually trying another one soon, my sis is on a kick and convinced me it is a good idea. I WON'T do the colonic though, I WON'T!!!! She is normally kind of cool, don't know what go into her on that one.

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

I fast at least three times a day, sometimes for as long as 8 (yes, EIGHT!) hours.

I urge you to cut back on your consumption of toxins and poisons, and then your need to fast for so long will likewise diminish. You also must cease consumption of saliva!

The diet I follow produces only normal metabolic waste molecules and they are expelled in the time honored tradition (into a flaming paper bag on my nighbor's front porch).

Good health to all!

• MadTiger
    MadTiger

I have plenty of information I've collected for anyone on fasting, naturopathy, herbs, etc.

• greendawn
    greendawn

Avid I think that's what most people do 3 or 4 days but if someone can linger on longer that's when it starts to get interesting with a strong spiritual invigoration as the liver starts producing ketone bodies on which the brain can function really optimally. When I went on for 18 days back in 1990 after the 4th or 5th day I completely forgot about food and felt full of energy until that 18th day when I had to get up in the night and drink a litre of fruit juice for the energy. Nowadays after 6 or 7 days of fasting I get a heartburn at times and feel exhausted so I stop. I carry on for a few days more with just fruit and veg.

• Bryan
    Bryan

I fast every day between breakfast and lunch then again between lunch and dinner.

I'm so proud...

• Darth Yhwh
    Darth Yhwh

I fast every winter solstice for 24 hours. I started this tradition as a way for me to mark the holiday season. My wife is extremely into Christmas and the season had very little, if any meaning for me personally.

• What-A-Coincidence
    What-A-Coincidence

I did not FAST but I did the LEMONADE DETOX for 31 days. Beat that HAYZUS! Only drank the lemnoande concoction...no solids though.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit