Anybody here ever FASTED before?

by avidbiblereader 39 Replies latest jw friends

• avidbiblereader
    avidbiblereader

I usually fast three to four times a year, I am going on my third day now. I get tremendous health benefits from it as I purge my body of impurities that we eat, drink and otherwise. I feel much clearer mentally and physically.

Has anybody else ever fasted, for how long, how did it help you and what did you do?

abr

• moshe
    moshe

Sure, every year at Yom Kippur for 24hrs. I don't see any health benefit, but then Jews have had a lot of experience with starvation during the holocaust.

• Little Drummer Boy
    Little Drummer Boy

Yes. Once as a kid of about 12. It happened quite against my will and I hope to never have it happen again. It involved Eurail (sp) passes, my parents and I, (as well as a train load of people), all of us in Spain, stopped for more than a day with nothing to eat or drink due to a bomb threat. I did not find it cleansing or restorative in any way.

• averyniceguy
    averyniceguy

I cannot fast because I have low blood sugar, I must eat regularly!

• avidbiblereader
    avidbiblereader
    I did not find it cleansing or restorative in any way.

usually when we are made to do something against our will it usually isnt a good feeling.

abr

• compound complex
    compound complex

Yes, abr!

Some 25 years ago I wanted to do a cleanse, such as you. It was horrible watching all that wonderful food passed around the table as I downed my liquids. It lasted one full week - yes, 168 hours. [I am disciplined; well, sorta!] I lost 20 pounds, which I was too dumb to realize beforehand would be a possible consequence.
    I just remembered this one - as a teenage Mormon wannabe I fasted but had no idea what I was doing. Recall it went with the program. My best friend was a Mormon. Ended up with the Dubs, who love their food and drink all too well!

A successful and restorative fast to you!

CoCo

• avidbiblereader
    avidbiblereader

CoCo, I have read volumns on fasting and do it for the cleansing benefits, my wife just watches and shakes her head but it is amazing when you study and research on the benefits and how to do it. I don't do all the colon cleansing stuff, but do drink Senna Tea, may sure you are close to the toilet and don't leave the house, but I usually dont eat bad for the most part either. When you get past the first 24-36 hours it becomes fairly easy, the hunger pains stop and then you start to release the toxins and drink plenty of water to flush them out.

I typically drop about 7-9 pounds in just 3 days of water then veggies and fruit for a day before I get back into eating normal. Good training of mind and body on self control.

abr

• Qcmbr
    Qcmbr

Used to do it lots as a missionary - I hate it - I feel ill, grouchy and disorientated. It's not my favourite activity.

• avidbiblereader
    avidbiblereader

I think it is more of mindset in the beginning, then the drinking of plenty of water to flush the impurities and toxins, other wise they just relocate to other parts of the body and the pain then sets in. I have read of people getting sick because of not drinking plenty of water from themselves.

Usually on my second day of fasting, no matter what my work out is, I do it faster and stronger then norm. If you do it again, drink plenty of water and build yourself up to a couple of days.

abr

• greendawn
    greendawn

I take it that by fast you mean just drinking water and having nothing else. I did this numerous times probably around 20 times, when I was younger i used to go on for more than a week 18 days being the record and that was the limit I couldn't go any longer but it was cold (done in February) and I was working normally during that time. My second best was 14 days. Nowadays I can barely reach one weak and do it once a year. It's the first few days that are difficult then the metabolism gets used to it until exhaustion sets in. But when starting the body must not be suffering from vitamin or mineral deficiencies.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit