Would You Recommend A Person Remain A Virgin Before Marriage???

by minimus 33 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

Being raised as a good Witness, I was a virgin until I was married. Of course, the scriptures say one must not commit fornication. However, I know most teens have sex well before marriage. Would you say it's better to wait until marriage or have sex first?

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

Absolutely 100% no.

I would hate to marry someone who was a virgin. I'd always be wondering if they were regretting not having sown their wild oats.

Everybody should have the opportunity to sow their wild oats in their teens in twenties.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

It depends on the values of the person. I would not insist on my values for another person.

If it were my own child, I would still have to monitor them as they grow up, deciding whether
    they are mature enough to handle a physical relationship or need to abstain. I would tell my
    child approaching adulthood that waiting until marriage makes the relationship more special.

I think I would have to consult with psychology books and experts on this before just answering.
    My response would not be religion-based, so I would want to know what to expect from different
    outcomes.

I guess I can't answer. Sorry for posting.

• Scully
    Scully

Would you recommend a person not go for a test drive in a car they were considering buying?

• Clam
    Clam

From the female perspective, having sex for the first time with a man is as they say, like snow. You don't know how long it's going to last and you don't know how many inches you're going to get.

• zack
    zack

I would recommend they be an adult. Virginity was was prized because it ensured an absence of STD. I do not advocate debauchery, but a relationship between adults

who know the facts of life and accept responsibility, I do not object tto.

• Purza
    Purza

I got married the first time because I had sex with a worldly person. I felt compelled to marry him because I wanted to get back into JW land. God, was I dumb.

So, for my own child, I would prefer if she had sex first without feeling she HAD to marry the person. I no longer believe that you have to be married just to have sex. That being said, I would hope that she would be selective and not take sex lightly.

Purza

• avidbiblereader
    avidbiblereader

Without being sac-religoius

Matt 26:41b For the spirit is willing, but the body is weak!”

Spiritually yes, but there is nothing like experience in life and sex is no different. Sorry I had to be honest.

abr

• Mystla
    Mystla

How do you think I ended up married to a Gay JW?? If we had lived together before we got married.. it never would have happened.

I firmly believe that not just having sex, but living together before you get married should be required.. or at least highly recommended.

Misty

• Balsam
    Balsam

That is such an individual thing. What is right for one person is totally a bad choice for another. I think I would have to stand for the right of the person to decide for themselves the best avenue would be for them. This is what I've had to do for my two sons. Both have choice very different paths. My oldest son wants to do it with any female he wants to anywhere he is. My youngest son wants commitment and the act to have meaning. They are totally different. Neither are virgins though.

I married the man I had sex with the first time, sex was ok even great at time but the marriage to him was not good. I'd rather have a good marriage and sex be secondary than the type of 1st marriage I had. Seems hard to find where we get both. LOL

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit