Comments You Will Not Hear at the 4-1-07 WT Study (RESPECT HUSBAND)

by blondie 44 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Scully
    Scully

*refuses to dignify this WTS bull$h!t with a response*

• found-my-way
    found-my-way

Blondie,

Another great review, wow!

nvr, you read my mind.....I guess I missed WT rule while I was in....so if a man/woman leaves his/her JW wife/husband for another man/woman, (and they never have sex with a person of opposite sex) she/he are not free to remarry scripturally at all.

How fair is that???

Hey honey, I was with a horse on Friday night and a guy on Saturday and there aint a damn thing you can do about it. Get in the kitchen and make me turkey potpie!

LMFAO! too funny!!

• crazyblondeb
    crazyblondeb

*refuses to dignify this WTS bull$h!t with a response*

I concur, Scully!!!!!

• bobld
    bobld

Thanks for the review,Blondie

RE it-2p.803 rib. Than Gen 3,19 doesn't apply to woman.

Bob

• restrangled
    restrangled

Blondie, thank you for suffering through that for us.

Following is Websters definition of "Subjection": and further down is my comment on all of this!

Subjection

Definition: Subjection

Subjection
    Noun

1. Forced submission to control by others.

2. The act of conquering.

Source: WordNet 1.7.1 Copyright © 2001 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.

Date "subjection" was first used in popular English literature: sometime before 1010. (references)

Synonyms: Subjection

Synonyms: conquering (n), conquest (n), subjugation (n). (additional references)

I Just want to add that in our house there is a standing joke. When ever my husband and I disagree about who makes the final decision on something, my husband announces "I am the King!" .....he KNOWS what my response will be which is, "You are the King.....OF WISHFUL THINKING!"

r.

• cultswatter
    cultswatter

So wives are at the very bottom of the power flow chart??

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/12/131013/2328116/post.ashx#2328116

• Gill
    Gill

Has the Watchtower said anywhere in this weeks or last weeks study that respect has to be earned.

It's amazing how they expect unconditional subjection from women, be it to husbands, elders or even the bOrg.

• Gary1914
    Gary1914
    11) When encouraging Christians to be submissive even to harsh, unjust authorities of this world, Peter explained: "In fact, to this course you were called, because even Christ suffered for you, leaving you a model for you to follow his steps closely." (1 Peter 2:21) After describing how much Jesus suffered and how he submissively endured, Peter encouraged wives of unbelieving husbands: "In like manner, you wives, be in subjection to your own husbands, in order that, if any are not obedient to the word, they may be won without a word through the conduct of their wives, because of having been eyewitnesses of your chaste conduct together with deep respect."-1 Peter 3: 1, 2.

Thanks Blondie. Superb review!

When reading the above paragraph I could not help but think that Christians wives do not have to sleep with unjust authorities, cook their meals, wash their clothes, bear their children or give these authorities their marital due. So I just don't see how this analogy applies to the relationship between husband and wife.

I think the whole article is insulting to women and speaks of a time when women were considered property. And again.... Satan the Devil is to blame!

• juni
    juni

Thanks Blondie for suffering through this. Have a safe trip to CN w/irreverent.

Like others, I'm w/o words and spittin' nails. I wish I could relate a story about this very subject, but I don't want to take the chance that it may "out" a fader friend. They could give a rat's ass about women. Though the "army of women is a large one" who make excellent mag. salespeople, fix meals for traveling do's and co's and wash their laundry. Oh s*** I could keep going on here, but it's not healty.

Juni

• jeanV
    jeanV

thanks blondie. really a bad article, with just one interesting passage in paragraph 6

One writer noted: "The more we want to do something--whether it is to marry or scale a particular mountain--the more likely we are to make unchecked assumptions and pay attention only to the data that tells us what we want to hear." An irrational decision for a mountain climber may cost him his life; an unwise choice of a marriage mate can likewise be disastrous.

isn't that the way jw normally act?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit