Comments You Will Not Hear at the 4-1-07 WT Study (RESPECT HUSBAND)

by blondie 44 Replies latest watchtower bible

• willyloman
    willyloman
    The VAST majority of marriages I see in our congregations are, at least, REASONABLY happy

As a long time elder often called upon to referee marital problems (at the request of the couples), I can only say this to you: You have no freakin' idea what you are talking about.

• jgnat
    jgnat

Way to go, Justita. What a GREAT comment!

• SirNose586
    SirNose586

One unmarried invalid pioneer sister commented how "Jehovah's headship provisions give us freedoms in marriage."

Yes, the freedom to wear whatever frumpy ankle-length dress you want! The freedom to never teach the congregation because you don't have a penis! The freedom to wear your hair in a way that doesn't offend your husband!

Praise JAH for your FREEDOMS!!

• restrangled
    restrangled

MAD,

Your comment to Blondie was obnoxious.

You made a comment in a different topic which certainly applies here. Too bad you don't see the "foolishness rearing it's ugly head with your brotherhood" regarding their view of women.

Most of you know I'm a JW; I irritate you enough defending the Truth as I know it- yet I ADMIT a lot of the foolishness that sometimes rears its ugly head with my brotherhood

r

• zack
    zack

When I used to give Public Talks on a Sunday, beleiving I had healing oil to dispense from the outline, I would look out at the crowd and see people on their 2nd, and 3rd marriages,

marrriages that survived adultery, abuse, cruelty, etc.... Although I had never attended other churches, I knew many "worldly" people with happy marriages. How

are the witnesses better off with the FDS in their marriages? It seems to me the religion is a huge source of discord in marriage since it gives both genders

unrealistic perpectives of their roles and adds elements of disappointment and shame that are needless in a healthy relationship.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit