Today's Text is Scriptural Blasphemy

by gumby 44 Replies latest watchtower bible

• juni
    juni

Hi Gumbro!

The point you made is so very true. They certainly twisted that one. They are like the Jews of old who looked down on the Gentiles. They've never really accepted the love that Jesus taught.

Take care of yourself.

Hugs, Juni

• gumby
    gumby

Yes Arthur, it was "a jew" who fell among the robbers....and it was "a Jew" who passed him by. It was a Samaritan who helped the Jew and as we all know, the Jews despised the Samaritans (their distant cousins).

Just as a Samaritans showed love to even his enemy, so should a JW show love to their enemies.....which are people of the "world"....at least in a JW's eyes. The samaritan didn't say, "Here, let me leave you a copy of our law to read while your bleeding to death and perhaps if you die, god will remember you....that is if you put stock in the in formation I'll leave you".

That's about the extent of how the witnesses see their fellowman.

Gumby

{EDITED TO GIVE JUNI A HUG BACK}

• zack
    zack

So true. Christ said that if you loved only those living you of what benefit would it be? Christians were to love and pray for even their enemies.

Even as a kid i could never understand why every goodness had to be "spiritual." I mean, even I knew a hungry kid didn't need a Watchtower, but a sandwich.

• RAF
    RAF

... twister they are (cause twister they need to be) to hold their grip on their flock ... *VOMIT* !!!

so many scriptures talks about the twisters (who they are for real) ...

• Mary
    Mary
    Gumbers said: it goes on to say what Jesus told his diciples who asked him which was the greatest of all the commandments and Jesus answered them that "you must love god with all your heart and love your neighbor as yourself".........So rather than say christians are to love your fellowman, they twist the scripture and say christians are to love other christians.......and we all know by that statement they mean other Jehovah's Witnesses since they hold no regard for christians of this world.

Ya, what a big surprise eh? The only time you're supposed to show anything akin to 'love' for non-Dubs is when they're viewed as a potential convert. And as we all know, they train the drones to shun their own flesh and blood if they dare to question any of their insane doctrines:

"....It might be possible to have almost no contact at all with the [disfellowshipped] relative. Even if there were some family matters requiring contact, this certainly would be kept to a minimum..." --The Watchtower, April 15, 1988, page 26.

Yes, once again they play mind tricks on the publishers and tell them to love each other...rather than your fellowman and people of this world in general as was the case in the illustration Jesus himself gave with the Good Samaritan. It's no wonder Jehovah's Witnesses are despised by many in this world with their self rightous attitudes and beliefs regarding their fellowman that is induced in them by a few old men from Brooklyn New York

Yep. Ever since the article about the babies out in B.C. dying from lack of a blood transfusion, my coworkers have been asking me all kinds of questions about the Witnesses. Needless to say, I'm more than happy to tell them of all the inner workings of this sick cult----stuff they'd never hear at the doors.

I hope your reading this WTBTS spies, I really do. I hope you too see how the Organisation cripples the minds of it's followers and takes away any love of fellowman they could have and should have. Truely pathetic.

Unfortunately Gumbers, they simply don't give a damn. They don't care how many lives they destroy, they don't care how many commit suicide, and they don't care how many Witnesses are depressed, beaten, or how many kids are raped by trusted "Christians". They only care about the almighy dollar and keeping control. I hope they burn in Hell.

• candidlynuts
    candidlynuts

the samaritans were "apostates" to the jewish religion weren't they?

even jesus seen we're kinder than gods chosen people lol

• truthsetsonefree
    truthsetsonefree

I was thinking too that if JWs had real love for ALL people, without regard for creed, color, race or background THAT would be exceptional. And that might draw people to them. Didn't Jesus talk about "loving those loving you" being no big deal? But no, because that would mean that dubs would have to fraternize with "the world" and we can't have that can we?

tsof

• Odrade
    Odrade

There was a fascinating story on Oregon Public Radio today about youth street "families", mainly on the streets of Portland. It talked about the cult of family, and how calling one another "brother" and "sister" creates a bond where the "families" stand together no matter how heinous the actions of other members. It also makes it nearly impossible to leave because of creating a new family to the exclusion of real family and friends. Interest listen. Go here: All God's Children: Inside the the Dark and Violent World of STreet Families I saw so many correlations with the way congregations operate, once they started talking about the psychology of the street family.

• Gayle
    Gayle

It took a long time for that scripture to sink in for the part that says "as yourself." Somehow when the WT quotes that scipture, it sounds like "instead of yourself."

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee

"The beginning of true wisdom....................."

Proud to say that you all demonstrate it!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit