Today's Text is Scriptural Blasphemy

by gumby 44 Replies latest watchtower bible

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

GumbusChrist..You have more spiritual insight than the ones preaching to you from the WBT$ books..They would do well to have you on stage,speaking freely..Thats never gonna happen..And..Thats a pity...OUTLAW

• mouthy
    mouthy

Well, all I can say is that if the 'love' you're showing HERE is whatcher talkin' about- then you shouldn't be talking so deceptively about us JWs! You need to see a shrink worse than I!

LOLOLOLO!

Mad
    "Dear Lord Jesus...See this poster Mad!!! He cant see the love we have for each other on here, because he has blinders on, Lord will you help him see that on this board we can speak truth ( or in his case lies) but I ask that you send the HOLY SPIRIT Lord to guide him to YOU the Name above ALL others Amen"

Take it easy Mad. We love ya anyway!!!1

• Gill
    Gill

MAD - I can understand why you need to think that way. We all used to do the same....just one day we woke up!

As 'they ' say, 'The Truth Hurts', but the 'Truth' can also set you free.

• Narkissos
    Narkissos

I apologise for stating the obvious, but JWs did not invent the exclusivism of "love one another" since this is just what the Johannine Jesus says -- and it is definitely not the same as "love your enemies" as the Matthean or Lukan Jesus says.

Iow, one enlarges the scope of the traditional "love your neighbour" of Leviticus to the infinite and the other narrows it down to the community of the elect (which is no longer ethnical but spiritual).

Where JWs depart from the Johannine command of love is by reducing it to membership of, and conformity to, a visible organisation -- instead of the mutual recognition of the "children of God" through the divine "seed," or "anointing," they have in common. In Pauline terms it boils down to exchanging the "flesh" (or the "letter") for the "Spirit". But the Johannine command is not nearly as open, or philanthropic, as the Matthean or Lukan ones.

• moomanchu
    moomanchu

What I remember about JW helping others is : John 12:8 For you have the poor always with you, but me you will not have always.

I remember this scripture used as reason to not worry about needy people.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit