My wife has finally seen the light.

by Ironhead 46 Replies latest jw friends

• M.J.
    M.J.

Congrats!

thanks for posting the news.

• under_believer
    under_believer

I hope that happens to me. Congratulations.

• LeslieV
    LeslieV

Wow that is just awesome for you, and her. Obviously, you did a great job in reaching her. Wonderful, Wonderful. Wonderful!!!!

Leslie

• rescuer
    rescuer

Congratulations.

She's not my wife but she has been getting headaches and stomach aches this usually tends to be on the nights when she is due to attend a meeting/book study.

Please tell me I'm getting through to her ,I need the encouragement.

• bernadette
    bernadette

Very encouraging news Ironhead.

My husband comes home straight after the meeting - dosen't hang around for association.

I met a dub yesterday - she said your husband looks very lonely at the meeting (think she was trying to make me feel guilty), she also said he only very occasionally answers up

• jgnat
    jgnat

Rescuer, it could be. But if she hasn't consciously voiced her doubts, she's at risk of jumping back in. How about if you described several "what-if" scenarios for her, where witnesses were mistreated and the elders were not shepherding properly? Or about ex-witnesses who have written of their POSITIVE experiences since they left? Ask her if she thinks that is possible, and what possibly might have led to their situation?

It's sometimes easier to externalize when coming to a hard truth.

• Gerard
    Gerard

Good news!! Walking away may not be enough, her head will spin for a while.

She will need support of a different kind now. Has she visited Free Minds.org? Lots of good psychology articles there. Deprograming fears and phobias may take some time to identify.

Respectufully,

G

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit