My wife has finally seen the light.

by Ironhead 46 Replies latest jw friends

• Ironhead
    Ironhead

For 18 months I have been at loggerheads with my wife over the wts. She has been the perfect watchtower slave even declaring that she'll never leave the truth. I decided not to interfere in her life, attacking the society, and the idiots in the hall, but recently things have changed for the best. Although she calls herself a strong witness, my wife hasn't been to meetings since November, she has made allsorts of excuses as to why she can't go to meetings, but she does send in her field service report. The news of the lack of my wife's meeting attendance reached her mother's ears, and every week she keeps phoning her to ask if she's been to the meeting. The wife just tells her straight, that she hasn't gone. During these last few months, she hasn't received her magazines, km, yearbook, bound volumes, day's text, calendar, or even a memorial invitation. I asked her about this, she just says, "Who cares? I'm not bothered."

The wife works with a woman, who used to have a study with a sister who lives a few blocks away from my our house. Well this sister keeps asking her colleague about my wife's whereabouts, including questions about me. Her colleague tells her to mind her own business. This particular sister is in the other congregation that shares the kingdom hall, so news of my wife not attending is well known. My wife bumps into the sister on her way to work, while out shopping, and keeps saying to her, " you haven't been to the hall for a long time." The wife ignores her.

This week, her mother phoned her asking if she needed a lift to the DC. The wife said no, but the next day changed her mind, because her 23 year old sister is getting baptised ( she's only getting baptised because she's going out with a brother ). On Monday I asked the wife, " you're not not going to the convention, are you?" to which she replied, "you must be joking, and I'm also not going to the memorial." I couldn't believe what I was hearing. She explained to me that she'd had enough of the witnesses, the society, and she doesn't want to lose me over a stupid false religion, plus she's grateful that I've helped her to achieve her life goals, something her family has never encouraged her to do. I have also found out this week that my wife has been discouraging the neighbours who have studies with the witnesses, exposing their lies, and telling them what they have to give up if they ever joined.

Finally, I just want to say a big thank you to all of you guys on JWD. She has read with enthusiasm the topics discussed on this board. This has been a help to her also.

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

WOW

Congratulations!!!

purps

• Emma
    Emma

Well congratulations; I'm so happy for you! It's good to hear of a success story.

• jgnat
    jgnat
    plus she's grateful that I've helped her to achieve her life goals, something her family has never encouraged her to do

Good man.

• Gill
    Gill

Wow! Wow! and Triple Wow!

Congratulations!!!!

That's more or less what happened in mine and my husband's relationship!

You have a great future together. She finally sees you for the intelligent and great bloke that you are and not the stuffed shirt JW that she thought she wanted!!

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

Awesome news, another one sees the light!

• Gilberto
    Gilberto

Excellent News.

It was memorial time last year that my wife came out, similar sort of circumstances.

I am so pleased you waited for her. I am sure it was tough at times.

Send her our love, I am sure she will enjoy reading posters stories on here.

• unique1
    unique1

HOLY CRAP!! WAY TO GO!!!!

• megsmomma
    megsmomma

A BIG WELCOME TO THE WIFEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am so proud of your patience in letting her figure it out...and it shows a-lot htat you trusted her inteligence enough to let her do it on her own!!

• lisavegas420

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit