Even Worse - I am really starting to hate this religion

by unique1 38 Replies latest jw experiences

• Anti-Christ
    Anti-Christ

mellybean, call dr.Phil!! or get a restraining order. Hang in there and welcome to the board!! Your in the rigth place for help and encouragement (((((((((((((((hugs)))))))))))))))))

• flipper
    flipper

The behavior of the families here is despicable, but unfortunately not unusual in this cult. It's happeining on an ongoing basis in my husbands family. I used to be almost embarrassed for them for being so idiotic and mean, now I want to knock all their heads together. I agree that the best way is to not behave like them in any way. Almost like it would give some validity to what is in truth insane behavior. We try to be courteous and kind. The really sick mean ones, OK, ignore. The others, maybe send them a note every so often saying you love them , if they ever need you you will be there because you are family and it's the right thing to do.When the really make you mad restrain from being brought to their level and being mean back. With the kids maybe its like teaching them to have compassion for crazy people - love them but watch your back. It would be like torture though to have to let your kids be alone with them. For now please take care of yourselves through these horrible ordeals. Try to recover from what they have driven you to. Best to you both, flipper

• tall penguin
    tall penguin

"Daughter, We are doing fine. Glad to know ya'll are doing well. Your mom and I can talk to Husband ,since he hasn't disassociated himself (because the elders didn't harass him constantly and I think they even forgot he got baptized oh yeah plus there was no witch hunt for him. You saw me and him with our DF'd friend and only turned me in. Your only child.), if that is something he would like to do. If it is he can get in touch with me here.

Love you both, Mom and Dad"

Translation:

"We'll talk to your husband cuz he hasn't da'd yet but if he wants to, let us know and we'll be sure to accept his letter and shun him too."

Can't ya just feel the love?!

tall penguin

• Balsam
    Balsam

Jocelyn,

I would print it up and put a cover letter and send it to every family member your in contact with. Fair is fair and their worldly family needs to know just how crazy they are.

Ruth

• avidbiblereader
    avidbiblereader

Your thread says it right, hate the religion not the parents, sorry to hear about your situation and I did post on your other thread, it is a game until they win.

abr

• reneeisorym
    reneeisorym

I am an only child like you. My mother will only talk to me via e-mail like yours too. (My dad won't talk to me at all though)

My mother will randomly send hurtful e-mails that would have me depressed and in tears for sometimes up to a week. My mom would phase in and out -- sending emails and then just quit for a while. I had a really hard time with it all. I started going to a counselor. That helped SO much. Then evenually (a year later) I came to a peace with it all. I decided that I was trying harder than God to get her out and I had to stop. I just don't think my mom wants to know the truth because she would loose everything I did and its not worth it to her to have that freedom. There are no magic words to make you heal. I never thought I would. I thought I would carry this pain around with me for the rest of my life. Somehow I did heal though and things are good. I know it will happen for you too.

• Madame Quixote
    Madame Quixote
    have compassion for crazy people - love them but watch your back.

-flipper

• winnie
    winnie
    I almost want to be vengeful and send this reply to all my relatives that aren't in the truth and who almost don't believe me. That wouldn't be very christian of me though would it?

And what they are doing is???

If it were me...I'd say...buggar it!

Send the reply. Show this religion up for what it is. The only one that turns on their own, regardless of the consequences and who they hurt. Then sit back and let them justify to their relatives their pathetic reasons for not speaking to you.

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie

(((((((unique1)))))) What a testimony to their gawd! I agree with 44M:

Don't get mad - go for revenge. Having a happy and successful life is the best revenge.

Perfect advice, chere!

hugs,

Frannie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit