Even Worse - I am really starting to hate this religion

by unique1 38 Replies latest jw experiences

• unique1
    unique1

I first want to thank you all for your support over the past few days. http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/7/131534/1.ashx

I did finally get a reply from my dad (after a week and a half) and I almost wish I hadn't. Here is his reply with my notations:

Daughter, We are doing fine. Glad to know ya'll are doing well. Your mom and I can talk to Husband ,since he hasn't disassociated himself (because the elders didn't harass him constantly and I think they even forgot he got baptized oh yeah plus there was no witch hunt for him. You saw me and him with our DF'd friend and only turned me in. Your only child.), if that is something he would like to do. If it is he can get in touch with me here.
    Love you both, Mom and Dad

I just can't believe the coldness in this reply. I am their ONLY child. I don't want to be shitty and shun them, but I don't know if I can handle much more. I have been feeling sick since the phone call on Monday mentioned in the previous link and now, I am at work and just want to cry. How can they do this? How can you be so so unloving?????????????????

I almost want to be vengeful and send this reply to all my relatives that aren't in the truth and who almost don't believe me. That wouldn't be very christian of me though would it?

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

Don't get mad - go for revenge. Having a happy and successful life is the best revenge.

• carla
    carla

Wow, what a mess! Sorry. I think part of the reason they are able to act this way is they are still getting info about you and can feel somewhat comforted by that. Now, if they never heard from you would their hard line shunning still be the same do you think? Maybe you need a little break from them alltogether and work on your own life and health for awhile. At any rate you wouldn't have anything to lose and maybe something to gain by no contact for awhile seeing as they already consider you lost to them, right?

• unique1
    unique1

OH yeah they are the most stubborn people on earth. If they said an apple is purple and you said they were wrong and proved them wrong they would still not believe the apple was anything other than purple. As one of the brothers used to say "A (their last name) is NEVER wrong" My husband & I still get a kick out of that statement cause it is soooooo ture.

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk
    Don't get mad - go for revenge. Having a happy and successful life is the best revenge.

Perfect advice! Perfect advice! Perfect advice! Perfect advice! Perfect advice! Perfect advice!

New York 44M

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

Perfect advice! Perfect advice! Perfect advice! Perfect advice! Perfect advice! Perfect advice!

New York 44M

It is not very often that I am called perfect, even though I always thought so. Thanks.

• unique1
    unique1

Thanks for making me laugh guys.

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

I know how you feel - I felt sick when I finally got a cold text from my father - my last communication with him early 2006. I felt sick too when I spoke to my mother on the phone my first communication with her in nearly a decade and the last in probably my life time in December 2006. I have found tremendous peace of mind since after 16 years of missing them I decided I have to stop and I have to take control and decide that I will not pursue them any further,. I think you have to do the same. Its very empowering. They probably thrive and get the emotional fulfillment they need from you constantly dropping emails etc. It will shake them when you take control and decide not to contact them any more.

Or you could as you say distribute their spiteful little message amongst your non JW relatives and say that you would love their support and to deepen your relationships with them and that your parents religion has driven them to cut you off as dead. That should bring the sort of praise to their God and religion that it fully deserves.

crumpet x

• Honesty
    Honesty

Or you could as you say distribute their spiteful little message amongst your non JW relatives and say that you would love their support and to deepen your relationships with them and that your parents religion has driven them to cut you off as dead. That should bring the sort of praise to their God and religion that it fully deserves.

crumpet x

Even in the third world nations where this cult has a small increase people are beginning to realise that the Watchtower god is far, far different than the Bible's God.

• Nowman
    Nowman

Dear unique1,

I understand this completely, (if you review some of my previous comments, you will know some of my story). Im 33 years old, and I too am an only child. I left home/the org when I was 18, full time pioneer. I had to leave in a cold way in order to succeed in getting out. But it was gut wrenching, I was so hurt that my parents shunned me once I was DF'd. I have not seen my dad since October of 1992 and my mom and I did not see each other from Oct 1992 to Sept 2000. My dad is no longer my father, at least I do not view him that way. My mom on the other hand got out of the org, thats why we were able to reunite in 2000. In the beginning, my mom suffered from the after effects of getting out of the org, but day by day, month by month, year by year, she healed. It was a dream come true to be reunited with her again, I never would have thought she would come around.

My parents when both were shunning me, were very cold. It hurt so bad. I got through it though and lived my life. I have children of my own now (I just had a little girl on 2/5/07, Delanie Parker, its my third) and I never tell them what to believe in, I would never shun them. I really do not know how my parents went all those years without seeing me, I honestly felt at times, they did not love me. Yet, when my mom and I talk about this, they went through agony shunning me. My mom got depressed, they then had marital problems, my mom soon became an alchoholic, as for my father, I personally think he is mentally ill. So, even though I was feeling this pain, my parents did what they thought was right to be faithful to Jehovah, to the org, but at the same time, they suffered because I left. This took a long time for me to understand. Eventually, I got over it, and continued to go on with my life, and make it better. I wanted to be happy with or without contact with my parents.

So, I understand 100% how you feel and so do so many others here.

Nikki

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit