Great Just Great

by unique1 21 Replies latest jw experiences

• unique1
    unique1

Thanks anewme. It is good to know I am not alone in the wierdness of it all.

• avidbiblereader
    avidbiblereader

Unique1, sorry to hear about your dilemna, funny in reading your thread, you have an uphill battle, as a child we are always looking for mom and dads approval, doesn't matter how old we are, we inherit this as wanting our parents to love us and be proud of us, couple this with JW Dfing or DAing and you have it stacked against you.

I noticed in your venting, it sounds as if you are always the one doing the contacting, running back to them, sad and they know it. I don't envy you and wish I had a magic pill to erase all this that we inherited but I don't, just know it is ok to vent. Keep venting and get the BP down, try exercising as this is the most effective way to get it down.

abr

• unique1
    unique1

Avidbiblereader. You hit the nail on the head. Part of the reason I left was because I felt shunning was just WRONG!!! I feel hypocritical if I shun them as well. So yes, I do run to them as you put it because I don't want to shun them. Now that I know they won't answer my emails, I will have to learn to deal with it.

• avidbiblereader
    avidbiblereader

I don't know if every we truly deal with it, my parents went 5 years without talking to me after I went through therapy for my childhood and contronted them, it never was the same even after we "got back together" on speaking terms. My mother died and now my father runs to me as I am his POA and excutor of his estate, funny role reversal.

However, when one day you are "complete" within yourself and realize that you are not the problem, that you are ok within your family no matter what your parents consider you, handle you, talk to you or not, then you are ready to move on.

We all do it when they die, I guess to some, they die before their time!!

abr

• megsmomma
    megsmomma

(((((((((((((((((((((HUGS)))))))))))))))))))) That is just plain shit*y of them. It is not fair at all....and I wish there was something we could do about it.

BTW......My hubby was about in tears last night after the game. He loves the Tar Heals, and that game was hard to watch. He had to be alone a while after that one.

My heart goes out to you!

• greendawn
    greendawn

Hi unique sorry to hear that the organisation of the dubs is putting you through a lot of stress, this is obviously a cult, I can understand them not wanting some members to be part of their religion but they shouldn't go as far as creating problems in their families. Stress can elevate BP in some but certainly not all persons. I never had high BP though I go through periods of stress sometimes.

• unique1
    unique1

I know, if we hadn't of been in a restaurant, I probably would have punched something. They were up by 10. Can you say CHOKE??????

• ex-nj-jw
    ex-nj-jw

(((((((((((((Unique)))))))))))))))

I spent a lot of time trying to prove myself to my mom, all I wanted was for her to love me. Now I know that will never happen.

I havent spoken with my parents in 5 months, I only spoke with them then because I called to see how they were (their health is terrible).

So, hang in there, take care of that BP, are you on meds??? Meditation and yoga I've been told helps to bring it down as well as exercise.

nj

• kitten whiskers
    kitten whiskers

((((unique))))

I can understand. My mom just "officially" started shunning me on her own. She has known where I stand for a year, though not disassociated or disfellowshipped. (We moved). All of a sudden this January they come for a visit and she drops the bomb. Refuses to set foot in our house again or talk to us. She actually stayed in their motorhome for 2 days before my dad (non-jw) was ready to leave. That was horrible. I couldn't even go home to get away from it. SHE WAS IN MY DRIVEWAY!!!!!

She calls 2 months later, right after a car accident, not serious, but wrecked the back of vehicle. I pick up the phone and she acts like everything is normal. She says "Hi Hon. Dad and I were just in an accident. " She talks to me then and the next day to complain of her health. She is a chronic complainer and hypochondriac. She even talks of coming to our house on their way home to rest and recouperate. OK. I tell them they are always welcome.

Less than a week later, they are headed home and completely bypass us. I heard through the nonjw family they were headed straight home. I call dad's cell phone to see when to expect them. Mom answers. "Hello?" I say "Hi!" and she says "Oh. Here." and passes it to my dad (Non jw). WHAT? She completely snubs me and doesn't care anymore now that she doesn't need me. We never were close, but my goodness! I didn't even get a civil hello or anything.

I am sorry your health is affected. Mine is too. I am on anti-depressants. I hope the next time they take your BP you are in a peaceful state of mind and find everything is fine. This is such a rotten road to travel. If you want to chat, pm me, there are so many here in our situation and way worse. I hope the support you get here helps you.

I am glad you posted this. It helps hearing the stories of others and knowing I'm not alone.

I am going to try to send you a pm, I've never tried before.

Kitten Whiskers

• under_believer
    under_believer

/sympathy

I am so sorry for what you are going through. I don't know WHAT I'd do if I was in that situation. Nothing can replace your parents.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit